We provide our utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy saving goals.
The Senior Program Manager is primarily responsible for providing program management and leadership to the energy efficiency program. This position will manage a team of energy professionals working for our client to provide implementation services for residential and business customer energy efficiency programs. In addition, this individual will manage a staff of engineers, energy advisors, project coordinators, and possibly partner companies (subcontractors). You will also be working with others who are passionate about energy efficiency and making a positive impact on the industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Manage the utility relationship and serve as an advocate for our client
- Manage a multi-million-dollar budget over multiple years including allocations to labor, expenses, subcontractors, and customer incentives
- Provide day to day leadership to program staff including managing education/awareness of program offerings, marketing activities, and assisting team to creatively meet or exceed the goals of the program
- Coordinate effectively with neighboring utilities (both gas and electric)
- Monitor and manage program budgets to ensure full utilization of funds while meeting or exceeding activity based goals
- Prepare activity reports as required to the client, partner or Franklin Energy management by the requested due date
- Be a positive role model and voice of the program, effectively communicating with area stakeholders interested in the success of the effort
- Incorporate “best practice” methods of energy efficiency program implementation
- Practice effective project management skills in leading this program
- Ensure continuous improvement of operations year after year
- Assist the Vice President / Regional Manager in meeting all program goals
- Manage direct reports and oversee program staff. This includes interviewing, planning, assigning, completing performance evaluations, coaching, mentoring and directing work
- Mentor program personnel in achieving their personal goals annually as well as their long-term development goals
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, engineering, or other discipline
- Advanced degree - Preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of management/supervisory experience including hiring, coaching, performance reviews, and mentoring
- Proficiency in financial management
- Technical experience in developing and/or reviewing energy savings calculations to determine paybacks and incentive levels for customers.
- Must show proven leadership in fast paced environment
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in managing energy efficiency programs - Preferred
- Experience in lighting, HVAC, and other technologies installed in residential, commercial and industrial applications – Preferred
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to identify and resolve project application issues with customers and trade allies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel up to 20-40% of the time
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer