Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
We’re committed to providing positive outcomes to patients across the world, no matter their situation. We want everyone to have “insider access” to great healthcare. At Grand Rounds, the Registered Nurse furthers this mission by ensuring that our patients understand the ‘what’, ‘how’, and ‘why’ of the medical recommendations that they receive from our world-leading experts, while also personally helping patients navigate through the complexities of the healthcare system. This empowers our patients with the knowledge they need to obtain the best health outcomes, regardless of geographic location. In this role, you will become part of the health care solution and embody the Grand Rounds passion for saving lives through better health care quality.
The Clinical Team Registered Nurse will serve an invaluable role to ensure our patients are connected with care in an expeditious and clinically appropriate manner. Working directly with our team of Staff Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Care Coordinators, and Records Specialists, the primary responsibilities of the Registered Nurse will be conducting clinical history calls for select Expert Medical Opinion cases, triaging new cases, acuity calls, external communication with outside providers, and conducting 90-day long term follow up calls.
In your first 30 days you will:
- Onboard with the Grand Rounds Medical Team
- Become comfortable with the workflows and skills necessary for successfully triaging cases and speaking to patients for long term follow up calls. This process will involve formal training, on the job experience, and coaching from your manager and your clinical colleagues
- Begin coordinating Expert Medical Opinion cases with guidance and feedback from senior Grand Rounds clinicians and trainers
In your first 60 days you will:
- Demonstrate competency in all aspects of the Expert Medical Opinion process, triage process, and 90 day follow up call workflow
- Show improvement in the quality, impact, and productivity of your workflows
- Begin training in other clinical care areas based on patient and business needs
In your first 90 days you will:
- Continue to show steady improvement in quality and productivity
- Begin developing a personal growth and development plan with your manager
- Have clarity on other required clinical functions of the role (TBD) and begin setting productivity and quality metrics around these functions, as appropriate
- Demonstrate empathy and excellent patient advocacy over the phone. You’ll work with patients and their families who are going through challenging times. You need to keep perspective, be empathetic, and be efficient and reassuring that we will help them
- Handle a fast-paced environment with competing priorities. You need good judgement to appropriately juggle your responsibilities
- Talk with patients over the phone and/or video to assess their needs and gather important clinical history
- Review and summarize medical records into a concise HPI
- Review expert opinions for quality assurance and to ensure they are written at the patient’s level
- Follow up with patients/guardians to answer any questions they may have about their expert opinion
- Triage cases and conduct long term follow up calls with patients
- Strictly follow security and HIPAA regulations to protect our patients’ medical information
- Be pleasant, responsive, and willing to work with and learn from our team
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing required
- Current RN license and in good standing with your state’s nursing board
- 3 years or more experience in a healthcare setting with direct patient contact
- In-patient hospital experience a plus
- Diversity of clinical experience preferred
- Excel at communicating with patients and clinicians, and enjoy doing so
- Ability to manage change and learning agility
- Be able and willing to work until 6pm, with occasional weekend commitments as well.
- Have excellent grammar, attention to detail, and be efficient at writing medical information at a patient level
- Be efficient. We are a fast growing company and we are busy! You will have lots of work to do and will be expected to meet volume goals without sacrificing quality. We’ll give you the tools you need to succeed, but you’ll have to be an efficient worker
- Be flexible and comfortable with working in a rapidly-changing environment. Grand Rounds is constantly evolving, and our clinicians need to be able to thrive in these types of situations
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.