Trainee / Coordinator Structures Inspector | Port Hedland | 5:2 or 5:2,4:3 | Resi or FIFO
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
You will beaccountable for being part of a team maintaining assets supporting the safe and efficient operation of BHPs Pilbara Rail Network.
The team is responsible for strategic inspection, maintenance, and defect rectification for structures such as bridges and culverts across the rail network.
This role is offered on a 5:2 or 5:2 / 4:3 roster either FIFO ex-Perth or residential Port Hedland.
Reporting to the Supervisor Track Condition & Monitoring, you will be developed for the following:
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility, and sustainable development
- Review previous inspection reports in AIMS and 1SAP.
- Review of as built structural drawings.
- Reporting of new defects and changes to existing defects as per SIMS standard.
- Liaise with area planners and supervisors to ensure effective condition-based maintenance
- Follow 1SAP work management process including daily time confirmations and raising of defects with priorities.
- Provide scope to complete repairs within inspectors qualifications.
- Conduct field leadership in line with department KPIs.
- Report all events and hazards to direct supervisor.
- Ensure that the work is maintained in a clean and safe way ensuring minimal impact on the environment
- Requirement to travel remotely and autonomously throughout the rail network
- Coordination and small projects that support the department
- Develop PEAHR, Excavation and Powerline Permits as required
- Current full West Australian “C“ class motor vehicle license or current equivalent Australian State motor vehicle license (minimum)
- Excel and word experience required with 1SAP work management experience advantageous
- Must be able to work at a high standard autonomously
- Proven commitment to safety
- Demonstrate the confidence to lead by example, hold yourself and others accountable and coach others in Safety Leadership
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHPs Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.