Systems Support Officer
Band: 2 - £35,000 - £40,000 depending on experience.
Location: London and Remote Working (Hybrid)
Overview of Role
TfL spends circa £6.5bn pa with its suppliers, the performance of these suppliers is integral to the performance of the organisation and the service the public receives. Working across the TfL Procurement and Commercial Community (Capital, Operations, Professional Service and IT ), the Systems Support Officer – Office 365 will work in our Central Enabling team for the Procurement and Commercial Systems team manager maintaining and developing tools in the Microsoft Office 365 suite (forms, applications and reports). These will be used across the organisation in support of the end-to-end procurement lifecycle. Initial focus will be on the redevelopment of forms and applications to the latest Office 365 platform.
- Responsible for the development of forms, applications and reports using the Office 365 suite (including but not limited to Power Automate, Power Apps and Power BI) identified by the Central Enabling Team (CET)
- Working with stakeholders to identify opportunities for efficiencies in current working practices enabled by the Office 365 technology
- Responsible for the management of internal and user acceptance testing through to introduction into the live environment
- Responsible for the production of training material in a variety of different mediums to support the introduction of new technology and ways of working.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent analytical skills- able to interpret and understand the implications of the data for the business
- Excellent problem-solving skills- able to identify and resolve the underlying issue
- Office 365 skills: Power Automate (excellent), Power Apps (excellent) Power BI (good)
- Good stakeholder management skills- tenacious whilst collaborative and diplomatic
- Good planning skills- managing their own workload and inputs from others to deliver on time
- Good communication skills- both written and verbal
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Excellent Office 365 skills
- Good working knowledge of MS SharePoint, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Experience of developing a range of Office 365 products (essential)
- Experienced in applying technology to solve day to day problems; process improvement and user experience (essential)
- Experienced in the full lifecycle of development from requirements gathering thru development, training, and delivery (essential)
- Understanding of the end-to-end procurement lifecycle (desirable)
- Experience of analysing and interpreting data (essential)
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders in a large complex organisation (desirable)
Equality and Diversity
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to represent the city we serve, which will help us become a more innovative and efficient organisation. Our goal is to make our recruitment as inclusive as possible. We are a disability confident employer who guarantee an interview to any disabled candidate who meets all of the essential criteria. We also use anonymising software that removes identifying information from CVs and cover letters to make the process fair.
Please apply using your CV and a two page covering letter. Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience in the advert and cover this in your CV and cover letter.
The closing date for applications is 7th December 2022 @ 23:59
Please note we reserve the right to close the advert early if we receive large volumes of applications.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow.
- Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Free travel for you on the TfL network
- A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
- 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
- Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
- Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
- Discounted Eurostar travel