Virtual Req #13279
Thursday, January 14, 2021
Gannett's Talent Acquisition team is seeking a Spring Intern who is interested in pursuing a career in Human Resources and Recruiting.
This paid internship gives college students an opportunity to work with Gannett's team of recruiters during their spring semester. We're seeking students who are looking for a professional-level experience and have the initiative, skills and judgment to excel.
The program will include extensive one-on-one coaching and mentoring, but students are expected to handle a variety of tasks independently and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Review resumes for applicants and sharing feedback with recruiters
- Schedule phone screens and interviews with various leaders and hiring teams
- Provide communication to candidates as they travel through the hiring process
- Assist with employer branding initiatives including social media posts on various platforms
- Attend online meetings with team members and participate in brainstorming sessions
- Degree-seeking students currently enrolled in program geared towards becoming a Human
Resources professional. Students must have completed at least two years of college
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Well organized, detail-oriented and flexible
- Open to new ideas, new experiences, learning on the job and coaching
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and frequently
- Comfortable and self-motivated to work in a remote environment
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.