Who Are We?
SentinelOne is shaping the future of endpoint security through its unified, converged platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Our unique approach is based on deep inspection of all system processes combined with innovative machine learning to quickly isolate malicious behaviors, protecting devices against advanced, targeted threats in real time.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer who can help keep our uptime promise to our customers by making sure we meet our SLOs and can help our engineering teams ship software to our customers fast and with quality. On this job, you will have an amazing opportunity to drive outcomes that improve reliability, stability and cost efficiency of SentinelOne’s Scalyr data platform. We are looking to add a SRE with prior extensive operations experience for a SaaS product who can drive deployment re-architecture with focus on self-service and automation. Someone who has driven continuous deployment, has run incident post-mortems, has provided feedback to engineering architecture decisions and has automated repetitive operational tasks would be a great fit. You will join a like minded team of awesome SRE engineers who help run our operations smoothly at scale. We value good written communication skills, data driven decisions and a keen eye for continuous improvements. You’ll help simplify, have a passion for new ideas and know how to execute iteratively towards the final goal. We value candor and collaboration.
SRE and DevOps are two titles loosely used in the industry. A SRE engineer at SentinelOne defines and provisions the common set of tools the engineering teams to use and facilitate dev ops collaboration by consulting and driving best practices. SRE at SentinelOne is also responsible for uptime and providing feedback to engineering on architecture.
- 5+ years experience in running operations at a large scale for a SaaS product
- 3+ years production experience with orchestration systems like Kubernetes, Nomad or Mesos
- Python/Golang/Java/Ruby as main scripting languages (we use Python)
- AWS experience and familiarity with other platforms like GCE, Azure
- You’ve used Terraform to setup cloud native services
- Configuration management. Ansible – main tool used internally, Chef and Puppet experience will help
- Familiarity with CI and practical delivery using any of Travis, CircleCI, Codefresh, Spinnaker, Jenkins or buildkite, familiarity with deployment strategies like blue green, rolling deploys, canary deploys and best practices around deployment automation (with tools like shipit or spinnaker) is desired
- Polyglot experience with other SRE tools – we integrate with more tools every day
- Curiosity, fast-learning, pursuit to improvements, great communication
- Keeping a pulse on latest SRE trends and Open Source
Apart from the above technical skills, following soft skills are desired:
- Ability to work in a diverse and distributed team is highly desired
- A self-starter that is passionate and motivated by new technologies and has empathy for legacy systems
- A quick learner that can navigate through unfamiliar programming languages, systems and processes
- Prior product building experience is optional but desired
You will work on real-world problems and make an impact by protecting our customers from cyber threats. You will join a cutting-edge project and will be able to influence the architecture, design and structure of our core platform. You will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very BEST in the industry.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(k), Commuter, and Dependent FSA
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Company Assigned Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Numerous company-sponsored events including regular happy hours and team-building events
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.