Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager, US and Canada
Work Location: EST time zone coverage is a MUST
Hybrid candidates preferred for East Hartford, Connecticut
Remote candidates residing and working in the following US states will be considered for this position:
Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin
All provinces in Canada on the EAST coast
RWS Holdings plc is the worlds leading provider of technology-enabled language, content management and intellectual property services. We help our customers to connect with and bring new ideas to people globally by communicating business critical content at scale and enabling the protection and realization of their innovations.
Our vision is to help organizations interact effectively with people anywhere in the world by solving their language, content and market access challenges through our collective global intelligence, deep expertise and smart technology.
Customers include 90 of the globes top 100 brands, the top 10 pharmaceutical companies and 18 of the top 20 patent filers worldwide. Our client base spans Europe, Asia Pacific, and North and South America across the technology, pharmaceutical, medical, legal, chemical, automotive, government and telecommunications sectors, which we serve from offices across five continents.
Founded in 1958, RWS is headquartered in the UK and publicly listed on AIM, the London Stock Exchange regulated market (RWS.L).
For further information, please visit: www.rws.com
Under the supervision of a Program Manager or Associate Program Manager, the Senior Project Manager is the lead member of a team working closely with direct reports, Technical Services, and Quality Assurance, and is assigned to life sciences clients of varying size and scope of work. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for successful project delivery, a positive client experience including effectively addressing issues escalated from others, and growing the accounts potential based upon predefined objectives.
The Senior Project Manager oversees day-to-day project activities within a team and ensures that production and project objectives are met including budgetary and KPI requirements. The position also regularly meets with teams to discuss open and emerging business issues for assigned accounts as well as to make recommendations for improvements and lead on their implementation.
The Senior Project Manager has team management responsibilities and direct reports. The position completes individual performance reviews and set goals for the team.
- Define and implement metrics to achieve client satisfaction.
- Lead the effort with direct reports/Technical Services/Quality Assurance to create and maintain custom client workflows.
- Engage with key client contacts to educate them on new initiatives and process improvements.
- Provide reports on account Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Lead the post-mortem process.
- Act as point of escalation for client and project issues.
- Manage account relationships (relevant for day-to-day activities) to enable a positive service experience.
- Lead presentations educating clients about particular projects, project types or about RWS in general.
- Maintain positive client perceptions.
- Ensure client satisfaction by proactively seeking and offering solutions.
- Respond to client requests in a timely manner.
- Approves quotations created by others.
- Engage in quotation preparation including complex and strategic requests.
- Ensure ISO requirements are being met.
- Identify, communicate and manage production risks as appropriate to eliminate potential pitfalls or obstacles.
- Ensure the accuracy of project data for direct reports.
- Ensure strict adherence to deadlines, budgets and the completion of high-quality deliverables.
- Oversee the use of project management best practices and quality objectives.
- Launch and coordinate standard and complex projects which includes functions such as negotiating budgets, scheduling, resource allocation and work assignments.
- Oversee strategic project and account kick-offs.
- Produce reports and develop internal post mortems to help improve processes and reduce risk.
- Review Profit & Loss schedule for projects. Provide rationale and corrective action for items not meeting budget.
- Ensure the receipt of all purchase orders, approve invoices and escalate payment issues where necessary.
- Collaborate in the CAPA process with cross-functional teams.
- Work closely with Vendor Management on resource needs and planning.
- Engage in rate negotiations.
- Work with Quality Assurance to ensure highest level of quality.
- Create and send POs to external resources.
- Ensure project resources have the necessary tools and information to accomplish tasks.
- Alert resources of schedule or scope changes.
- Provide feedback to Vendor Management on external resource performance.
- Work with Account Management/Business Development teams to achieve set KPIs.
- Collaborate with Account Management/Business Development teams to discuss identified risks and opportunities for account growth.
- Support execution of approved account opportunities and their implementation.
- Participate in account-related meetings and lead presentations.
- Gather information to forecast upcoming work for production team.
- Support Global Account team to improve overall budget, efficiency and quality.
- Coach, develop and mentor direct reports.
- Set specific and measurable goals for direct reports and ensure their measurement and review.
- Conduct regular performance reviews with direct reports and manage required follow-up.
- Allocate workloads across team members for maximum capacity utilization.
- Make recommendations for process improvements that improve efficiency, quality and profitability.
- Collaborate with HR to hire new team members.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to provide leadership for employees and provide clear direction, goals and objectives in a respectful manner.
- Ability to communicate with, train and lead employees through changes in procedures, clients requirements, and other production processing issues.
- Ability to make decisions and lead employees through problems on job-related issues.
- Strong organizational skills in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate competing work demands, and maintain composure under pressure.
- Fluent communication skills of written and verbal English
- Ability to report work orally and in writing as required.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, CAT Tools, Office 365/Teams, CRM/AURORA/other production software).
- A team player who can collaborate effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in relation to performance of work responsibilities, working with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding company financial and other information.
- Ability to resolve customer service and production issues in a professional and efficient manner.
- Quality focus and detail oriented.
- Ability to determine root cause analysis.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in relation to work responsibilities, working with minimal supervision.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent in Business, English, Foreign Language, Social or Applied Sciences, or other related field.
- Five or more years demonstrated experience coordinating complex projects within the localization or translation industry.
- Successful customer service/account management experience, generally a minimum of four years, including at least three years experience within the translation industry.
- Demonstrated successful leadership or mentoring experience, minimum two years.
- Advanced computing skills, including experience with TRADOS or other translation management tools (CAT, or Computer Aided Translation tools) and publishing applications (e.g., Frame-Maker, InDesign, etc.).
- PMP Certification a plus.
- Verbal and written fluency in at least one foreign language a plus.
- Amazing benefits! (Seriously!)
- Strong medical, dental, and vision coverages, with generous employer contribution to healthcare spending accounts, and access to FSA, HSA, and Dependent Care accounts.
- Generous paid time off package, starting at 25 days per year, plus company holidays, birthday day off, paid volunteer time, and 100% paid parental leave.
- 401(k) Retirement plan with company match.
- Company-wide agile work policy with flexible work arrangements.
- Opportunities for training, professional development, and personal growth.
- Smart, engaged co-workers and a global culture of diversity, innovation, and opportunity.
- The rare opportunity to impact how organizations communicate globally. Theres a reason we work with 90 of the top 100 brands.
$65,000 - $80,000 / year
Actual rate of pay may vary based on factors including, but not limited to: position offered, location, education, training, and/or experience. Total compensation may also include variable incentives, bonuses, benefits, and/or other perks, as outlined in any formal offer made.
All RWS employees hired for positions that require working on-site at RWS offices, customer offices, travel on behalf of RWS, and/or in-person meetings will be required to comply with theRWS USA COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing Policy. RWS complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.
Life at RWS - We work hard together to deliver for our customers; our expertise, professionalism anddetermination to never let others downdrivesus tobepassionate and serious about what we do,deliver customer value, yetalways adding a human touch.
RWS embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunity, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. RWS is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at RWS are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. RWS will not tolerate discrimination based on any of these characteristics.
RWS is an Affirmative Action Employer.
For more information about EEO/AAP legislation please visit: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Recruitment Agencies: RWS Group PLC does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward any unsolicited resumes to any RWS employees. Any unsolicited resume received will be treated as the property of RWS and Terms & Conditions associated with the use of such resume will be considered null and void.