Senior Associate Translator
Job Title: Senior Associate Language Specialist
Location: Lebanon remote working for the Kaslik Language Office
RWS Holdings plc is the worlds leading provider of technology-enabled language, content management and intellectual property services. We help our customers to connect with and bring new ideas to people globally by communicating business critical content at scale and enabling the protection and realization of their innovations.
Our vision is to help organizations interact effectively with people anywhere in the world by solving their language, content and market access challenges through our collective global intelligence, deep expertise and smart technology.
Customers include 90 of the globes top 100 brands, the top 10 pharmaceutical companies and 18 of the top 20 patent filers worldwide. Our client base spans Europe, Asia Pacific, and North and South America across the technology, pharmaceutical, medical, legal, chemical, automotive, government and telecommunications sectors, which we serve from offices across five continents.
Founded in 1958, RWS is headquartered in the UK and publicly listed on AIM, the London Stock Exchange regulated market (RWS.L).
For further information, please visit: www.rws.com
The Lebanon Language Delivery team is based in Lebanon and takes care of all RWS projects towards Arabic from several source Languages.
About The Role:
RWS Lebanon is currently looking for 1 full-time native Arabic Senior Associate Language Specialist to add to its in house Finance and Legal team for EN>AR projects. Full-time contract.
- Provides quality and accurate translations that contribute to the overall success of the project and client satisfaction. Works on translations and admin projects of increasing complexity, requiring proficiency in translation tools and processes.
- Demonstrates a strong focus on quality and client satisfaction by effectively understanding and applying quality standards to all deliverables.
- Able to apply theories, concepts, principles, and methodologies to difficult but conventional assignments. Assignments are given in terms of objectives to be met. Works independently within an established framework.
- Education: at least a University degree in Translation or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience: Typically requires minimum of 2 - 3 years related experience
- Main working language: English (a second language would be preferable too)
- Technical competence: Independent Trados Studio user
- Past or current experience as Project Manager in LSP or agencies are relevant
- IT domain competence: ability to understand content produced in the source language and to reproduce it in the target language using the appropriate style and terminology
- Attention to Quality and Detail
- Follows processes, placing a priority on how things are done
- Critical thinkers who learn and adapt to the acquisition of new knowledge with ease
- Written Communication: expresses ideas clearly in email, reports, letters and other documents
- Linguistic and textual competence in the source language and the target language: ability to understand the source language, fluency in the target language, and general or specialized knowledge of text-type conventions
- Competence in research, information acquisition, and processing
- Cultural competence
Life at RWS - We work hard together to deliver for our customers; our expertise, professionalism anddetermination to never let others downdrives us tobepassionate and serious about what we do,deliver customer value, yetalways adding a human touch
As a company focused on connecting people through language, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our company culture. RWS is anEqual Opportunities Employerand we are committed in ensuring that all employees work inan environmentfree from all forms of harassment and discrimination andone thatactively promotes teamwork,diversityand trust. All employees have a right to be treated with respect and dignity. RWS operatein a manner for the inclusion of all - any form of discrimination is expressly prohibited. Employees are selected and promoted on merit alone and no other factors whether race, gender, age, religion, marital status, gender identity or disability are taken into consideration.
We are proud to work in a company where all can succeed and grow their career and while RWS operates in accordance with all local employment laws, if local law enables any form of discrimination this is against RWS company policy and we will adhere to the highest standard.
Recruitment Agencies: RWS Group PLC does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward any unsolicited resumes to any RWS employees. Any unsolicited resume received will be treated as the property of RWS and Terms & Conditions associated with the use of such resume will be considered null and void.