This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Release Manager to join our multi-award-winning Total War team at our game development studio in Horsham, based in the heart of Sussex, England.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Release Manager to join the CA game development team and take ownership of the delivery of builds for an exciting Free to Play title in the Total War series. In this role you will own the game’s release process and have responsibility for tracking new content and features from development to release, working with our internal teams and our external publishing partner.
The successful candidate will be working on an innovative Total War title with a small, but experienced, team of developers where you will have the opportunity to really shape the game.
As Release Manager, you will be responsible for the timely and reliable delivery of game builds to the publisher, and to monitor all communication channels to spot problems which you will then coordinate a response for. To do this you will consult with the game development team, QA, community team, brand team and external partners.
When build release issues occur you will be responsible for resolving them and then updating and improving our processes to prevent similar issues in the future.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, pragmatic approach to Live Ops Management
- Experience of dealing with and managing a cross functional team
- Excellent Perforce skills
- Experience of using automated build and test systems
- Excellent problem-solving skills, organisational skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Very high standard of verbal and written communication skills
- Expert in Jira or similar bug tracking software
- Games industry experience
- Expert in Agile methodology
- Gamer who plays a variety of genres on different platforms
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.