Director of Talent Acquisition
Position: Director of Talent Acquisition
Department: Human Resources
Location: US Remote / Canada Remote
Reports to: VP, Human Resources
Why work with us:
- You will change the world. CIEE builds bridges between different people, different countries, and different cultures. We help young people participate in high-quality international exchange and study abroad programs that bring the world together. We change lives, our alumni change the world. Be part of the change!
- You will receive a competitive total rewards package (Applicable to U.S. only). CIEE provides all employees with exceptional benefits offerings that increase total compensation by upwards of 25%. Our top-tier benefits include premium healthcare insurance, annual Company contributions to your retirement fund (up to 5%), generous personal time off (including vacation, holidays, and floating Fridays) and the full-suite of insurance.
- You will be part of a fast-paced, international, diverse, and collaborative team of professionals. CIEE operates the largest nonprofit network of study abroad locations, with facilities and staff in 26 countries. Additionally, we help international participants from over 130 countries come to the USA each year. Committed to excellence and solving whatever problem the world throws at them, CIEE professionals work on international teams, and are dedicated to advancing our 75-year-old mission to make the world a more peaceful place.
Who we are:
Council on International Education and Exchange (CIEE) is a nonprofit study abroad and intercultural exchange organization that transforms lives and builds bridges between individuals and nations through study abroad and international exchange experiences that help people develop skills for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world.
Who you are:
As the Director of Talent Acquisition of the company you will establish creative and innovative processes, programs, and technology that enable CIEE to compete and attract top talent in an increasingly competitive hiring market. You will lead the Talent Acquisition Team and ensure development, belonging and diversity are top priority in order for the team to thrive and grow. This is a dynamic role, so you need to have the flexibility and proactiveness to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Finally, as the Director of TA, you will oversee the continuous improvement of the end-to-end recruitment process, drive critical TA analytics, manage vendor relationships, drive TA capability building, and help measure and deliver ROI and effectiveness across the function.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the TA function by developing, establishing, and implementing high-impact recruitment strategies to identify top talent
- Lead the TA Team to effectively:
- Build strategic partnerships with hiring managers
- Attract and recruit top talent aligned with Company culture, values, and objectives
- Ensure the integrity of the recruiting processes including adherence to Company recruiting standards
- Drive and report on critical TA metrics
- Identify training opportunities for TA Team to ensure their success and development
- Manage and oversee TA vendor partnerships
- Oversee and streamline end-to-end function by leading the TA Team to develop and roll-out all TA policies and SOPs
- Develop social media strategies for employer branding and candidate generation
- Revamp CIEE’s careers page in collaboration with the Communication/Marketing Teams
- Lead the TA Team to develop a series of training sessions for management on best practices in recruitment and diversity recruitment
- Other special projects related to TA.
What you’ll bring:
- Readiness to grow and develop yourself and our Company
- Bachelor's degree (or international equivalent)
- Minimum of 5 years of Talent Acquisition experience
- Minimum of 3 years of managing a team
- Knowledge of the travel and/or work abroad industry is a bonus
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office suite, Excel, Teams)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a highly dynamic and fast paced work environment
- Ability to embrace CIEE’s Core Values (Excellence, Integrity, Respect, Inclusion and Problem Solving) and culture.
CIEE believes that diversity matters and that professionals with diverse backgrounds provide diverse approaches and ideas to solving problems and finding ways to advance our mission to bring the world together. Candidates from underrepresented groups with diverse backgrounds and experiences are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to federal regulations a background check will be conducted as a condition of employment.