At New Relic, we believe building an amazing developer experience for observability across different technologies and distributed systems is rooted in a deep understanding of modern software operators and developers who are building the most amazing applications!
We are in search of a Content Engineer with an engineering background, a person who loves creating hands-on content that will enable 1000’s of developers to use our tools, CLIs, APIs, etc and to join our international team, based in our European Development Center in Barcelona or working remotely from Germany, Ireland, The Netherlands, Spain, or the UK.
The team is chartered to enable developers with a set of tools and utilities, e.g. SDKs & CLIs, open-source apps, our demo experience, and our developer web properties. You won’t just be building a product, but also a community, so be comfortable working on open source projects and ready to put our end-users (developers, engineers) in the centre!
What You’ll Do
- Write, edit and architect technical guides that inspire engineers to use the New Relic tools
- Develop sample code that relates to common developer and engineering use cases
- Participate in defining and understanding the different user journeys for our target audiences (SREs, DevOps engineers, software developers)
- Support online and physical events by running hands-on sessions
- Build workshops that can be consumed on a self-serve basis as well as be delivered by the New Relic’s salesforce.
- Contribute to our open-source ecosystem and help foster a community around our most valuable open-source projects
- SRE/DevOps background with good experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible or Terraform)
- Knowledge and experience in developer tools, operational tools, and/or application management tools, including monitoring tools, build tools, and continuous delivery (CI/CD) tools
- Strong understanding of DevOps with an understanding of how modern software is built, packaged, and deployed
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- Excellent written communication skills & fluent in English
- Experience in working with open source and familiarity with cloud-native technologies (containers, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Prior experience automating & maintaining large-scale production environments
Please note, visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established in October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX, and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.