Epic is the leading digital reading platform for kids 12 and under. With 40,000+ popular, high-quality books from 250+ of the world’s best publishers—and personalized content and built-in progress tracking—it fuels reading confidence and curiosity in kids and lets parents and educators take part in their journey. Trusted by over one million teachers and reaching 25+ million kids, Epic has been honored for learning excellence with the Teacher’s Choice Award, Parents Choice Gold Award, and Mom’s Choice Award, and recognized by People, The New York Times, and Parents.
Epic Originals is seeking an exceptional candidate to join our creative team. The ideal candidate is an experienced comics editor with a knack for storytelling, knowledge of children’s book industry, and ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Spearhead development of new and existing IP
- Perform all editorial functions when appropriate, including reading and evaluating IP proposals, providing revisions to authors, and line editing
- Work closely with authors and internal team to maintain publication schedules and due dates
- Keep up to date on competitive marketplace, both print and digital
- Demonstrate and strive for continued innovation, creativity, consumer and competitive insights
- Collaborate closely with team to support overall company strategy
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years children's and/or graphic novel editorial experience
- Experience editing comic books/graphic novels
- Knowledge of art, ability to discuss composition, color, and design required
- Strong skills in project management, planning and organizing, communication, teamwork
- Willingness to brainstorm and collaborate on new and existing IP
- High level of creativity/innovation, functional/technical knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Experience in digital media a plus
Location flexible. Remote possible.