Chief of Staff - Institutional Markets
All offices are currently open, and our employees are back 4 or 5 days a week in Hudson Yards, NY and 3 days a week in all other offices. If you have questions on this policy or the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Global Atlantic Financial Group is a leader in the U.S. life insurance and annuity industry, serving the needs of individuals and institutions. Global Atlantic is a majority-owned subsidiary of KKR, a leading global investment firm that offers alternative asset management across multiple strategies and capital markets solutions.
Global Atlantic is looking for a diverse team of talented individuals who reinforce our culture of collaboration and innovation. We are dedicated to the career development of our people because we know they are critical to our long-term success. Join our team and come grow with us.
We use Greenhouse as our scheduling tool and communicate through their systems. At times, your email may block our communications. Please be sure to check your SPAM so that you do not miss critical information about our process, including scheduling.
The Chief of Staff for our Institutional Markets business will be based in our NY office and the scope of work this role will be responsible for spans our most strategic items: defining, communicating and executing business, financial and strategic plans.
The Institutional Markets business is a principal investing team within Global Atlantic Financial Group, a subsidiary of KKR, focused on deploying capital on reinsurance and acquisition opportunities in the US Insurance Industry. To date, the Institutional Markets business has acquired over $100 billion of assets.
The Chief of Staff will report to the Co-President of Global Atlantic who leads our Institutional Markets business and will also work closely with the Institutional Markets leadership team on strategic initiatives and holistic business planning, driving alignment and ensuring clear communications both internally and externally.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Institutional Markets considerations. Play a central role in developing Institutional Markets reporting initiatives.
- Develop presentations and communications to articulate Institutional Markets performance and strategic direction to stakeholders, including our Board of Directors, Management Committee and Investors.
- Actively research, track and analyze competitor company activity and transactions, maintaining knowledge of financial markets, reinsurance, life & annuity industry trends and key performance metrics. Disseminate findings to the Institutional Markets leadership team including the impact on our strategy and competitive positioning.
- Support the Head of Institutional Markets through day-to-day responsibilities, including presentations and communications for our clients, management committees, Board of Directors and in preparation for internal and external meetings.
- Partner with internal constituents to prepare presentations, talking points and analytics on market and business performance for our Management Committee.
- Create and maintain a culture that focuses on employee development, achieving strategic initiatives, open communication, integrity, professionalism, innovation and collaboration.
- Master’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ten or more (10+) years of strategy and business development management experience in reinsurance, life, annuity, management consulting or related industries
- Demonstrated experience leading people, leading projects, giving presentations, and building relationships internally and externally
- Proven record in leading, developing, motivating, and providing effective feedback to teams
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with experience delivering speeches and presentations
- Role requires domestic and international travel for key business development initiatives
- This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship now or in the future
Global Atlantic’s base salary range is determined through an analysis of similar positions in the external labor market. The annual base salary range provided in this posting for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. Base pay is just one component of Global Atlantic’s total compensation package for employees and at times we hire outside the boundaries of the salary range. Other rewards may include annual cash bonuses, long-term incentives (equity), generous benefits (including immediate vesting on employee contributions to a 401(k), as well as a company match on your contributions), and sales incentives. Actual compensation for all roles will be based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer. Compensation for our more senior positions have a larger component of short-term cash bonus and long-term incentives. The base salary range for this role is $181,000 to $347,000.
TOTAL REWARDS STATEMENT
Global Atlantic’s total rewards package is reflective of our corporate values, particularly diversity, excellence and innovation, with a focus on inclusion, pay equity, and flexibility. We are proud to support your personal and professional growth and well-being through programs such as educational assistance, virtual physical therapy, remote/onsite fitness reimbursement, a medical second opinion program, pet insurance, military leave, parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility and family planning coverage. We strive to foster a culture of total well-being through community outreach and charitable giving programs.
We are active in our communities-
- New York: Red Hook Conservancy, Girls Who Invest and The Bowery Mission
- Boston: Cradles to Crayons, Project Bread, Let’s Get Ready, Rise Against Hunger, Salvation Army and many other local volunteer organizations in around the Boston area
- Hartford: Habitat for Humanity, Foodshare, Humane Society, Hands on Hartford, Mercy Shelter and Dog Star Rescue
- Indianapolis: Elevate Indianapolis, Gleaners Food Bank and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Batesville: American Cancer Society Relay for Life, Angels of Giving, Margaret Mary Health Foundation, Ripley County Community Foundation, Safe Passage, Batesville High School Sponsorships, local area youth sports and food pantries, as well as many others
- Des Moines: United Way, Central Iowa Shelter & Services, Junior Achievement of Central Iowa and Make a Wish Foundation
- Berwyn: Food drive and will be planning an event to help a local family over the holidays
- Atlanta: Packaged Good Organization, which helps the most vulnerable community members with providing personalized care packages for people in need including the elderly, our armed forces, the homeless and hospitalized kids
- Bermuda: Sponsor of a weekly feeding program operated by The Hamilton Seventh-Day Adventist Church
Social platforms provide an environment to collaborate with others and participate in friendly competitions towards achieving physical, emotional and financial well-being. Our highly competitive health, retirement, life and disability plans can be tailored to best suit your needs and those of your whole family.
Global Atlantic is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can meaningfully contribute to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws. More than that, we strive to be inclusive of all backgrounds and experiences, which we feel gives us a competitive advantage in the market and within our firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Employees who require an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their job will participate in an interactive process which may include providing documentation. If you are hired and require an accommodation for any protected status, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on the links below to learn more about Global Atlantic.
Global Atlantic Privacy Statement