Transforming the future of healthcare isn't something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.
Here at Change Healthcare, we're using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.
If you're ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that's committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
Vice President, Transformation - Medical Network
The Vice President, Transformation - Medical Network has ownership and accountability for the transformation of the technology platforms including customer facing and operational aspects of the medical network business. This executive leader will have the mandate to converge, consolidate, automate, and streamline the medical network operations across customer engagement, analytics, enrollment, implementation, account management, and support. The VP, Transformation will work across a matrixed organization to define the operating model, resource alignment, robotic process automation, portal strategies, system migration/consolidation, product management, and drive a culture of continuous, customer-centric improvement.This position demonstrates an understanding the business operations, customer experience, organizational management, and technology to create a world class customer experience and connect the medical network experience to other aspects of the Change Healthcare portfolio.The VP, Transformation considers internal and external dynamics when developing recommendations and strategies; critically evaluates information and recommends what should or shouldn't proceed; and demonstrates systems thinking and can readily identify downstream impacts of decisions and proactively construe alternatives. The VP, Transformation provides leadership, management, coaching and/or mentoring to others, is an Industry thought leader and practicing subject matter expert. In addition, this role is regularly accountable for the performance of and results through others.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Evaluates synergies across the enterprise to transform people, process, and technology to deliver a world class customer experience and enable the business strategy; Considers partnerships with others for a more comprehensive solution
- Vision is forward thinking and based not only on current data but the interpretation of trends and predictive analyses; Considers portfolio adjacencies and impacts of decisions across portfolio and business. Able to operate effectively in a large, complex, matrixed organization.
- Ensures all operational elements of a product are understood and designed to meet product specifications; Documents product operations from product vision to executional expectations in a manner that facilitates rapid implementation and product launches; Validates the high-level vision with the marketplace
- Directs market insights and competitive analysis; Analyzes competitor business strategy (e.g., how their strategy is evolving, potential acquisitions and/or partnerships, products in the pipeline) and understands potential impact; Reviews analyses and makes decisions as to impact on the product
- Accountable for product performance and quality standards that directly impact financial performance; Evaluates financial analyses, predicts impact of internal and external events on financial performance; assesses risk and decides a course of action; Determines how best to leverage portfolio; Connects financial targets to long-term strategy in portfolio planning
- Leads capital requirement assessment; Anticipates product needs per long term product plans; Accountable for product performance as indicated in capital plan
- Develops processes that allow for changes and incorporate new learnings; Provides high-level requirements that clearly state the intent/goal and helps team to understand the guardrails; Approves finalized requirement documents
- Provides leadership, management, coaching and/or mentoring to others; accountable for the performance of and results through others
- Decision Quality, Business Insight, Strategic Mindset, Cultivates Innovation, Communicate Effectively, Plans and Aligns, Ensures Accountability, Collaborates, Builds Effective Teams, Process Optimization, Operating Model Design, Post Merger Integration (preferred)
- Action Planning, Planning and Organization, Customer and Market Analysis, Commercial Acumen, Data Collection and Analysis, Project Management, UX Design and Product Development Cycle Knowledge, Market Research Analysis, Analytics/Reporting
- Strategic thinking: capable of providing clear, balanced advice/counsel on a broad range of strategic and complex management, product and go to market issues.
- Driving results: results-oriented style with a high degree of analytical ability and proven problem-solving skills.
- Leading change: ability to thrive and quickly adapt to change, leading others through change in a dynamic, fast-paced industry and work environment.
- Leading people: ability to manage a team, recruit and retain top talent, build consensus, and rally members to achieve results. Ability to gain insights through relationships with front-line and mid-level personnel.
- Collaborating and Influencing: effectively builds strong relationships and partnerships within and outside of the company. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization with an open, honest and direct communication style that establishes an empathetic and effective relationship with all levels of team members, including front-line and mid-level personnel. Able to effectively navigate within a matrixed corporate structure.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelor's Degree required and Master's Degree preferred
- At Least 15 years broad and deep product management, business transformation, and/or operational experience
- At Least 7 years leading Product Management and/or Operational teams and directing people and other resources to achieve specific end results within limited timeframes
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Familiarity with customer experience, design thinking, process optimization, and organizational design principles.
- Experience in healthcare, revenue cycle management, or network business preferred.
- Experience working in a matrixed environment preferred
- Design Thinking experience/certification preferred
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
How much should I expect to travel?
Up to 10% based upon business necessity
Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with “Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation“ as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.