Technical Account Manager II
Location: Remote, United States
After key inContact customers have purchased and are implementing our products, the Technical Account Management (TAM) team takes ownership of the customer relationship and becomes their advocate within inContact. The Technical Account Manager (TAM) begins to engage with the customer before they go live on the contact center platform, and works closely with the customer from that point forward to ensure their success.
Our TAMs are seasoned account management and technical resolution professionals who are at the top of their field and are unified in exceeding customer expectations, improving our processes and technology, and meeting company growth objectives. The TAM I is a more experienced TAM, responsible for resolving complex problems and providing excellent technical and customer service to specific key accounts. He/she will help them overcome issues that arise, succeed in their business using our technology and services, expand their usage of our products, be a reference to prospective customers, and be a long-term and loyal customer. The accounts assigned may include any of our paid service packages, where the services of an experienced TAM are expected.
Interaction with customers will be done via phone, email, chat and WebEx, with face to face meetings as necessary and/or appropriate. The TAM I will work both independently and in concert with Sales, Technical Support, Professional Services and other teams to ensure the highest levels of customer success, providing a collaborative solution that will leave the customer with a positive experience and a product that meets their needs.
As a Technical Account Manager I, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Work largely during the customers' core business hours, with occasional extended hours as needed
- Occasional on-call after-hours work may be required as needed by the customer
- As their account management professional, be the assigned accounts' single point of contact to our company, and engage resources across several teams as needed to resolve their issues and requests
- Develop and maintain an effective and productive relationship with assigned accounts, hold regular discussions to review open issues, understand their contact center and business, know how inContact's solutions meet their needs, share best practices, determine ways to increase their success, and become their trusted partner and advisor
- Provide effective triage and troubleshooting assistance to assigned accounts on reported issues, and personally resolve as many issues as possible while scheduling time for proactive activities
- Partnering with other inContact employees and teams (technical support, professional services, product management, engineering, etc.), ensure that all technical challenges and other issues/cases/requests are being handled properly, are within SLA targets, and are progressing toward resolution
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of inContact products and associated technologies, especially those employed by assigned accounts
- Demonstrate expertise and maintain currency in telecommunications, contact center, and related technologies
- Gain a deep understanding of each customer's environment, identify customer needs, propose solutions that will accelerate their success
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of competitive product lines, differentiators and industry trends through self-education and inContact's resources
- Develop and present customized presentations to assigned accounts that both quantify and qualify product/service usage, realized benefits, achievements, opportunities and next steps
- Provide training to accounts to ensure that they get the most out of their inContact investment
- Capture common questions, techniques and best practices in daily workflow, sharing that information by regularly creating and improving knowledgebase content
- Ensure that all communication, interactions, assignments, details and actions are clear, effective, timely (within established SLA), and are logged into the CRM system
- Consistently and regularly update customer and account information, keeping it current in the CRM system
- Tactfully, confidently and professionally communicate with all stakeholders, especially in emotionally-charged and escalated situations, bringing people together with the common goal of resolving issues and accelerating the customer's success
- Communicate and work with customers in a way that they do not escalate and are confident that their issues and concerns are being properly represented and handled by inContact
- Make and meet commitments, building trust with customers
- Present a professional image in communication, conduct, attitude and attire
- Accountable for all actions, and tactfully reinforce accountability across all employees and teams in the company
- Assist assigned customers in preparation for go-live, and build confidence with them as they begin using our products in a live environment
- Responsible for customer satisfaction, retention and referenceability for all assigned accounts
- Participate in team goal achievement and set personal goals that increase effectiveness and success
- Identify opportunities to improve or modify products and services to improve customer effectiveness and experience, and recommend those improvements through proper channels, driving product/services enhancements and development
- Participate in process improvement that will increase customer satisfaction and personal effectiveness
- Mentor Associate TAMs toward increased success
- Provide technical and process training to others based on skills and expertise
- Manage and document certain inContact technical projects with each assigned account to ensure that they are successful
- Occasional travel (up to 20%) required, visiting customer sites
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned or needed
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or similar field or equivalent work experience required.
- 3-5 years in a Technical/Service role in software, telecommunications or in customer service, call/contact center and/or service delivery
- Demonstrated technical problem solving proficiency
- Excellent analytical and advanced troubleshooting skills with end-users/customers
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multitask and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Able to work with little supervision and complete projects
- Working technical knowledge of contact center software/design/functionality
- Demonstrated experience in a fast paced environment and meeting customer time constraints
- Implementation: broad skills in both technology & analysis; experience in communicating at a technical and functional level while managing business rapport.
- Analytical, inquisitive, service & team-oriented, friendly demeanor, early adopter.
- TCP/IP networking knowledge and VoIP technology exposure
- Comprehensive knowledge of TCP/IP, telecom circuits from DS0 through OC-48
- Understanding of network topology and telecommunications architecture (PBX, Carriers and VoIP)
- Understanding of basic scripting fundamentals
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and internet fundamentals
- Extensive software, telecommunications and IP Telephony
- Experience using SIP signaling
ABOUT inContact: inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to create stand-out customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. inContact continuously innovates and is the only provider to offer a complete customer interaction platform in the cloud that is flexible, scalable and reliable for enterprise, small business, government and business process outsourcers. inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.