Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
The Specialist Staff Physician (Hematology/Oncology) will serve an invaluable role to ensure patients’ hematology/oncology diseases are treated with industry-leading interventions.
The Physician will play a key role serving members across the United States while working directly with our team of generalist clinicians, ancillary team members, and non-clinical care team staff including care coordinators and records specialists. This role will include direct member interaction, using the Physician’s expertise to serve members within the scope of Grand Rounds’ product offerings, which can include treatment guidance, clinical support, and navigation. Interventions may be provided by Grand Rounds, or through avenues such as local care or other available benefits, as guided by the Physician. The Physician will also serve as a key internal consultant, supporting the clinical team in caring for members with oncology needs.
The Physician will also work with senior clinical leadership as Grand Rounds seeks to improve the health of entire populations. This may include workflow development/improvement, assessment of internal and external solutions, member identification support, and ROI methodology input. As Grand Rounds seeks to impact both quality and cost for populations under our care, this Physician will collaborate with senior leadership, using his/her expertise to maintain cutting-edge, visionary care.
- Directly serve members by providing clinical services within the scope of Grand Rounds’ products.
- Assess members’ hematology/oncology needs, navigating them to the clinically appropriate care, provider, or health care benefit to ensure high quality care.
- Support the greater clinical team by consulting on hematology/oncology issues.
- Work with our training team to train clinical and non-clinical staff as appropriate on hematology/oncology care.
- Assist leadership in building hematology/oncology solutions for membership.
- Participate in the development of Grand Rounds’ long-term hematology/oncology strategy.
- Time spent on hematology/oncology product and strategy versus member interaction and clinical consults vary over time. The Physician will provide key specialist physician insights for the organization, while also participating in front-line member interaction, with percentage of time spent on various duties dynamically adjusting to meet organizational needs.
- Licensed physician in good standing with the medical board of his/her state.
- Completed residency and practiced for several years (desired, not required).
- Board certified (or board-eligible if taking boards this year),
- Hematology/oncology background.
- Comfortable discussing medical conditions from a wide variety of specialties (not limited to individual specialty training).
- Highly Empathetic. You’ll work with patients and their families who are going through challenging times. You need to keep perspective, be empathetic, and be reassuring that you will help them.
- Efficient. We are a fast growing company and we are busy! You will have lots of work to do and will be expected to meet volume goals without sacrificing quality. We’ll give you the tools you need to succeed, but you’ll have to be an efficient worker.
- Flexible and comfortable with working in a rapidly-changing environment. Grand Rounds is constantly evolving, and our clinicians need to be able to thrive in these types of situations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. You will spend a lot of time on the phone with patients and families, therefore the ability to gather a clinical history, answer questions, and give a great “phone experience” is critical.
- Able to handle a fast-paced environment with competing priorities. You need good judgment to appropriately juggle your responsibilities.
- Able and willing to work until 6:00 pm local time, with occasional weekend commitments as well.
- Strictly follow security and HIPAA regulations to protect our patients’ medical information.
- Pleasant, responsive, and willing to work with and learn from our team.
- Excel at communicating with patients and physicians, and enjoy doing so.
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.