Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and leading the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
What’s even better than that? We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Engineering departments Client Health team (also known as a Site Reliability Team). The position of Software Engineer is a remote position - all engineers are remote, but maintain a strong, collaborative culture. Must reside within the continental United States.
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
Interfolio is seeking a proven Software Engineer that is experienced in PHP/Ruby on Rails and is passionate about building and supporting great SaaS products for Higher Education. The ideal candidate must demonstrate a commitment to their craft and to teamwork. This role will focus on our Faculty180 product (PHP based); a faculty activity reporting system that is being updated to a set of discrete components (mostly Rails based) that can be used, reused and expanded to better support new and existing features for our clients.
- Design and maintain complex and scalable enterprise-level applications in PHP
- Learn quickly and apply knowledge to ones work to deliver solutions quickly
- Work with large existing codebase to identify opportunities for refactoring or migration to external services
- Improve scalability, service reliability, capacity, and performance
- Propose, conceptualize, design, implement, and develop solutions for difficult and complex applications independently
- Leverage third party APIs to build integrations with other systems
- Improve the physical design of existing systems to optimize performance and/or provide self-service tooling
- Participate in code review and mentoring of other team members
- Provide robust automated unit tests
- 3 or more years of experience in coding roles
- Strong object-oriented PHP skills and experience
- Experience with PHP frameworks, unit tests
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, JQuery, Angular, CSS3, PostgreSQL
- Familiar with services oriented architectures (SOA) and REST APIs
In addition, you should have
- A Bachelor’s degree, desired but not required
- Strong interest in higher education, startups, and/or SaaS technology
- Be able to speak and write fluently in English (as a minimum requirement)
- Ability to travel up to 20% (i.e. Quarterly planning meetings in Washington, DC, etc)
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid time off, a wellness benefit, and professional development opportunities.
Our culture sets us apart – we look forward to you learning more about us!