Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Professional Services Senior Technical Advisor is a technical expert focusing on advising and mentoring our clients during and after implementation of Medidata Clinical Patient Cloud Products (Rave, eCOA, eConsent & Sensors) on our Unified Platform. Using your technical experience in building/configuring applications within the Clinical Operations and/or Clinical Data Management environment you will be a key member of the Medidata Professional Services team driving the successful implementation and adoption of one or more Medidata Patient Cloud Products within our clients.
Key activities performed by the Professional Services Senior Technical Advisor for the Professional Services Partners team will include:
- Provide strategic input, knowledge and best practices to support Implementation Teams (Customer, Medidata & Standardization Teams) in the configuration, implementation and adoption of Medidata Patient Cloud Products.
- Advise and mentor clients during implementation which may include partnering with Internal Delivery Teams and Enablement to drive readiness and adoption outcomes
- Establish “Trusted Advisor“ Partner (internally and externally) relationship through effective technical consultation
- Guide Customers on the technical configuration implications of Patient Cloud Products
- Provide technical expertise during and after Partner Enablement
- Deliver new release technical overviews, knowledge transfer and risk assessments to support implementation of new releases (where applicable)
- Develop and maintain relationships with Internal & External Customer Technical Experts
- Attend Key Technical Meetings in support of Medidata Patient Cloud Products and Services
- Where appropriate develop technical materials to support the Implementation Guidelines and Best Practices for Patient Cloud Products and Services
The Professional Services Senior Technical Advisor will be responsible in maintaining a high-level of expertise for their assigned Patient Cloud Products. They are expected to invest approximately 15% of their time in the following key internal Medidata activities:
- Maintain individual Product and Industry expertise by attending regular Product Training and external industry training, e.g. conferences.
- Represent the Patient Cloud Services Team in Product Adoption and Optimization (PAO) and Implementation Consulting Excellence (ICE) workstreams and initiatives; sharing knowledge back to the internal teams working on implementation, standardization and enablement
- Partner with Patient Cloud Services Management, ensuring it is kept up to date and relevant with new release information
- Support technical training of wider Patient Cloud Services team to enhance Product and Industry knowledge across team
- Represent Best practices to support defect and enhancements within Medidata and help to have them prioritized with input from Operational Advisors.
- Provide technical input to the Medidata's implementation process, best practices and collateral roadmaps ensuring that Professional Services Partners team are represented
- Attend Partner specific Product Forums related to Medidata Clinical Cloud Products where technical input is required
- Ensure SOPs and other process documents are up to date with any specific activities related to Technology Best Practices
- Work with Medidata Academy on the development of training plans and collateral for Patient Cloud Services
The Professional Services Senior Technical Advisor will collaborate with the following teams:
- Patient Cloud Services and Product Teams
- Product Adoption and Optimization (PAO) Team
- Implementation Consulting Excellence (ICE) workstreams
- Medidata Academy
- Partners and other Verticals requiring Technical Best Practices & Guidance
- Other Professional Services Teams
- Operational Excellence
- Customer Success
- Ability to challenge processes that are inefficient or counterproductive and establish/deploy new processes to improve efficiency, strong change management and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of Clinical trial software technology
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication (public speaking and teaching), presentation and writing skills
- Proven ability to successfully work independently on new projects and initiatives while also being able to collaborate with others when needed to achieve goals
- Ability to overcome obstacles, troubleshoot and reach resolutions
- Willingness for up to 30% national/international travel time
- Be self-motivated
- Self starter, who can work independently
- Proacivte and able to take the initiative and demonstrate responsibility and accountability
- Collaborate well with other functions/departments
Your Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 years experience from Clinical Operations and/or Clinical Data Management roles in Sponsor, CRO or Service Provider organizations
- Technical configuration/Clinical Programming experience in at least one area of Patient Cloud Services (eCOA, eConsent, Sensors)
- Degree required or equivalent experience
- Medidata employees: At a minimum Senior Implementation Consultant or Senior Project Manager level (or above)
- Leading change & strategic thinking
- Creating/leading strategic initiatives
- Leading teams - both internal and customer - during the implementation of a 'change management (or other)' initiatives
- Consulting/advising customers
- Senior/Exec level engagement with customers - and internal stakeholders
- Involvement in the selling process - and making presentations to customers
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata's solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities