Senior Product Designer
About the Opportunity:
Ronin is a mission-driven startup that is creating change for people impacted by cancer. Our design team is developing a data-driven decision platform that supports patients and providers in making the best care choices. We have both the privilege and responsibility to do work we love, with our patients at the heart of every decision we make. You will have the opportunity to work on the complete life cycle of a product area and extend the visual language for the entire platform.
We are excited to bring on a Senior Product Designer to join our growing team and provide an immediate impact on Project Ronin’s evolution and strategy. We need someone who can think about the product experience holistically, consider the complex ecosystem and diverse needs of our various users, while bringing consumer grade design to healthcare. In this fast-paced role you will be collaborating with customer success, growth, engineering and product to deliver an exceptional experience that drives cancer care for patients.
As a Senior Product Designer at Project Ronin your tasks will span the tactical to strategic. We need someone who can sketch feature enhancements, build prototypes, participate in user research sessions and drive idea generation for new features that will inform the roadmap and experience for our users. We are looking for a designer who thrives in ambiguity, has a strong human-centered design process, has the desire to learn and collaborate cross-functionally, and designs systematic solutions that are equally thoughtful, elegant, and delightful.
What You Will Do:
In this role, you’ll have a direct impact on the cancer journey for both providers and patients. You’ll be working end-to-end on our product suite designed for patients, nurses, physicians, and facility administrators with a focus on the following:
- Lead the design of a useful, intuitive and delightful product experiences for our various end users including patients, nurses, and physicians
- Work on the entire product design lifecycle from user research, ideation, concept generation, wireframing, prototyping, final visual design, and handoff to engineering
- Deeply understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback
- Extend the detailed design system including typography, layout, iconography for software engineers to implement
- Participate in collaborative work sessions with all levels of company stakeholders such as product managers, product growth, clinical intelligence, and engineering
- Communicate design solutions to inform product direction across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
What We're Looking For:
- User first mentality. To us, that means you have designed, and implemented products users loved.
- Roughly 7+ years of full-cycle product design. This includes everything from user research to concepts to visual design to working with engineering to ensure what gets built is the best it can be.
- User Experience. You have strong interaction design skills while also having a visual design eye in order to enhance or extend our existing, growing style guide.
- Complex system design. You are comfortable designing products for complex ecosystems, like healthcare and untangling complex data in a consumable, usable way.
- High EQ. It’s essential to understand the sensitivity and empathy that goes into designing products for our patients and providers.
- Standout teammate. You thrive in a collaborative startup environment and can work with anyone ranging from Dave, our CEO, to our engineers and clinical intelligence team.
- Bonus points if you have healthcare experience!
Please submit a portfolio with your application.
What We Offer:
- We’re a remote-first company within the United States
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- 401k through Guideline
- Medical, dental, and vision 100% covered for employees and 70% for dependents
- 100% covered life insurance for employees
- Parental Leave
- Flexible vacation: we encourage everyone to take at least 15 days off per year
- 11 paid company holidays plus a week off during the winter holidays
- All the stipends! Learning & development, internet, cell phone, and team lunches
- Opportunity to work on impactful products in the complex cancer space
Project Rōnin is filling one of the greatest gaps in patient care to date. Our mission is to increase the length and quality of every persons’ life who has been affected by cancer.
This year alone there will be nearly 1.8 million new cancer diagnoses, and the tools oncologists are using haven’t been updated in 20 years. With our platform, communication between patients and their doctors is optimized through an individual care platform that is already having an immediate impact.
Want to learn more?
Avoid the confidence gap. If some of the above describes you, we’d love to chat and see where your skills can add to our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.