Senior Frontend Software Engineer
Okera, Inc is revolutionizing the way companies manage their data across on-premise and cloud-based data stores. We simplify the complexity of data management, governance, and operations, enabling our customers to widen access to data-centric employees that is larger than previously imaginable. We boast several Fortune 500 customers and are funded by Silicon Valley top-tier venture capital firms.
Okera is solving one of the biggest challenges facing big data right now - opening up data access for greater innovation while ensuring proper governance and compliance. The Okera Active Data Management Platform unifies and manages access across a multi-cloud, multi-datastore and multi-tool environment.
What is it like working at Okera?
At Okera, we are on a mission to empower Enterprise organizations to get more value out of their data and we do it with a high regard for data security. We are solving some truly amazing challenges and you would be a great fit if you embody a growth mindset, understand what it means to put the customer first, you are a go-getter who values the team over the individual.
You share our passion for helping our clients become more productive with their data, and you value security. In addition, you have expertise in envisioning simple yet powerful user experiences and making them a reality through frontend development.
We're looking for strengths on the following dimensions, but don't expect any single person to possess all of these:
- Passion for building succinct, well-performing client experiences, specifically making data more accessible and straightforward to understand.
- You are a thoughtful code writer, proactive, delivering production-ready code with minimal guidance.
- You value mentoring and working together as a team, and you thrive breaking down complex topics into manageable pieces for stakeholders.
- Great communication and collaboration skills working cross-functionally with other departments.
- You have excellent attention to detail and have experience thinking about user accessibility and inclusivity.
- You have a high degree of empathy for your coworkers and clients, and you remain curious.
- You love moving fast and are proud of some of the rapid learnings you've enabled your team to achieve by doing so. But you don't do this at the expense of the long-term architectural vision.
To learn more about Okera and our values, see We look forward to meeting you!
Technologies we use and learn together:
- Competitive salary.
- Medical, dental, vision and stock options.
- Unlimited time off.
- 401k plan.
- Virtual weekly happy hours.
- Monthly Health & Wellness Program stipend.
- Professional Self Development stipend annually to grow your knowledge.
Commitment to Diversity
At Okera, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Okera is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.