Senior Front End Software Engineer
Swarm is enabling global connectivity with the world’s most affordable satellite network. Backed by the founders of Paypal, Boingo, Earthlink, Yammer, and more, Swarm is making IoT connectivity accessible everywhere on Earth, at all times. With 93 satellites already in orbit, Swarm provides connectivity to customers across agriculture, maritime, logistics, global development, energy, etc. From creating more efficient global supply chains and reducing crop spoilage, to tracking endangered species and monitoring water access in Africa, the number of use cases that the Swarm network supports is almost unlimited.
Swarm developed the world’s smallest communication satellite, and will have 150 in orbit by the end of 2021. Our team ambitiously handles everything in-house, from hardware and software, to design, testing, regulatory, marketing, sales, and more. This allows us to move quickly, be agile to changes in demand, and constantly improve our products.
We are a small, scrappy team that moves quickly and takes calculated, data-driven risks. We are collaborative and support one another everyday. We’re looking for team members who are eager to wear many hats, want to have a major impact within a company, and are ready to jump into a high-growth, high-velocity startup environment.
Swarm is looking to hire a senior front end software engineer to join our cloud services team. You will work primarily on the Swarm Hive, our customer-facing dashboard that allows customers to see and manage their data that has been transmitted via the Swarm satellite network.
We are open to a variety of experience levels, and will adjust the seniority of the role and scope of responsibilities accordingly.
- Implement and scale a simple, elegant network-as-a-service software product.
- Implement industry best practices in an evolving codebase.
- Design, architect, and build scalable user-facing software.
- Build enterprise web applications with thoughtful and clean UX.
- Introduce and implement industry best practices, including code style, build, test, and deployment.
- Help translate customer requirements into an engineering roadmap.
- Build, ship, and maintain core software features.
- Responsible for significant aspects of system design and design documents.
What we're looking for
- Minimum of 2 years experience in software engineering. We are also open to more senior candidates, and will adjust the seniority of the role and scope of responsibilities accordingly.
- Significant professional experience working in React and Typescript.
- Experience building and maintaining scalable software systems.
- Proven track record writing clean, modular code that is highly performant and well-tested.
- Comfortable working in Java and SQL preferred.
- Experience working at a startup strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with UI/UX design preferred.
Our stack (you don’t need to be an expert in all of these, but this is what we use)
- Java (Spring Boot) and Go microservices deployed in Kubernetes
What you'll get with Swarm
- The opportunity to create and deploy truly world-changing technology with a significant impact.
- Constant learning from your colleagues and our amazing array of international customers.
- True impact, autonomy, and ownership over your work, including cross-functional collaboration and working closely with our co-founders.
- Rapid career growth and development opportunities within a high-growth startup environment.
- Competitive compensation with equity in a high-growth company and benefits.