Transforming the future of healthcare isn't something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.
Here at Change Healthcare, we're using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.
If you're ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that's committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
Title: Senior Data Analyst
Overview of the Position:
The Data Analyst will join the data science team embedded within the Technology Enabled Services organization. The team member will assist in the creation of data driven solutions to business problems including data consolidation and normalization, generation of actionable business insight, building advanced analytical models, and partnering with operations and overhead partners for feedback and user acceptance. The position will receive a business-driven problem, gather and cleanse data, build complex and automated models, draw key insights from the data, and ultimately deliver interventional tools to drive savings to the bottom line. The ideal candidate for this role has a propensity for data mining, project management, and can draw insights from analytics to improve and develop measurable interventions.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in his job?
- Collects, cleanses, and automates data flows into a central repository
- Analyzes existing data sets to identify patterns, outliers, and areas of inconsistencies through relationships that exist in the data
- Collaborates with business leaders to validate data insights, and design strategies or recommend changes
- Builds models for automated data analysis and predictive insights
- Creates data visualizations for end users including the use of dashboards (Power BI) or user interfaces (PowerApps or other web-based interface)
- Facilitates cross-functional teams and uses an inclusive approach to understanding current operations
- Demonstrate good judgment and analytical skills to conduct option analysis and present recommendations
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- BA or BS degree in a quantitative discipline such as Management Information Systems, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or Computer Science
- 2-4 years of applicable work experience preferably in analytics, data science, business intelligence, or similar field.
- Strong personal computer literacy required including working knowledge of relevant software packages such as Microsoft Excel, statistics packages (Python or R), and data visualization suites (Power BI, Spotfire, Tableau, etc.)
- Ability to work with large amounts of data, including checks for integrity, summation, and effective communication (written and verbal) to internal and external constituents
- Experience with SQL is required.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Healthcare background is preferred
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage indirect teams, including members who may be senior in rank
- Demonstrated capacity to become “expert“ in new topics and disciplines quickly
- “Self-starter“ attitude with the ability to excel in dynamic work environments
- Comfort with problem solving frameworks, root cause analysis, hypothesis testing, and translation of insights into business impact
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
How much will I be expected to travel in this position?
Very limited travel required (possibly 1-2 times per year).
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation“ as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.