Interviewing for a new company is a serious time commitment for all parties involved. Please take the time to read this and thoughtfully consider if we would be a good fit for one another. This is a full-time position. You must be located in the continental US. No contractors or agencies.
About This Role
Note: This is an entry-level sales role at a profitable tech company. Our goal for this position is to find people with lots of potential, let them execute at a high level for 1-2 years and then get them into roles that pay at least 2x when hitting goals.
As our Sales Assistant, you will be the glue that holds the sales team together. With logistics, data, and fast-moving deals happening all the time, this position exists to coordinate everything between some very busy team members and execute at a high level for our clients. This includes things like booking & managing travel, setting up excellent client experiences, keeping data clean, and getting a glimpse into the Very sales function while ensuring that no detail is lost on every client meeting.
We’re looking for someone who most likely has no experience in Sales, but has a high ceiling, wants to learn, and sees the potential income growth in a Tech Sales career.
Here are the qualifications we’re looking for in our Sales Assistant:
* 1-3 years working in a fast-paced environment
* A desire to build a highly successful career in Tech Sales
* Ability to track multiple projects at once
* Exemplary verbal and written communication
* Experience with Google Suite/Microsoft Office that goes beyond standard functionality
If you’re great with people, task-oriented, and want to join a place that wants to invest in you and help your career take off, read…
What You’ll Be Working On
Very is first and foremost a software consultancy. We tackle hard problems for clients who need a targeted, senior team to come in and provide specific solutions. Our customer base is expanding into the IoT space, and we are gaining traction here due to our ability to develop hardware and software rapidly in parallel. Our projects in this domain have ranged from data acquisition and alerting for industrial power systems to automated self-pour beer taps.
As a Sales Assistant, some of your accountabilities will be, but not limited to:
* Booking and Managing travel for Sales team & delivery team members going on sales trips
* Creating unique client experiences for high-impact Sales meetings
* Attending sales calls with VP Sales & EVP/Founder and taking detailed notes
* Updating Salesforce data for VP Sales & EVP/Founder
* Researching potential customers and working with Sales team members on creating a way to digest that research
* Coordinating and managing projects/task lists across the organization
How You’ll Be Compensated
We believe in a transparent, fair compensation structure and have developed our own open salary formula.You can expect your salary to be $40,000 upon joining the company. Within 1-2 years, if you are successful, you will be up for a promotion to a Sales Development Representative role, which has an On Target Earnings (Base+Bonus) of $90k.
We also offer world-class perks including:
* A generous maternity/paternity leave policy
* Fantastic healthcare coverage ($0 out of pocket for most employee premiums)
* Very high 401K match (33% match of every dollar you put in 401k vs 6% industry average)
* Numerous other employee benefits including reimbursement for home office equipment.
We have a strong compensation and benefits package, with opportunities for salary and professional growth as you hit/exceed your goals.
Very has been a remote company for more than 10 years, and over that time, we’ve honed best practices and created a playbook for effectively communicating with each other and with clients. While we don’t have a physical office, our collaborative culture and annual in-person company retreats create a tight-knit and dynamic work environment.
Our clients come to us for answers to their thorniest questions. What we bring to the table is a world-class product team ready to deliver end-to-end IoT solutions.