What We Are Looking For
The School of Undergraduate Studies (SUS) at Northcentral University seeks applications for a non-tenure track Full Professor in General Education.
Full-time Professors may teach undergraduate and/or graduate courses within a programmatic core discipline as assigned and/or guide doctoral candidates through doctoral dissertation requirements (as Chair or committee member). This position also provides content expertise to the Dean for the spectrum of general education courses and related psychology, business and technology subjects. Primary responsibility is to oversee the general education curriculum and related course instruction for SUS. This position works closely with other faculty who have program oversight responsibilities or teach in related disciplines.
This Professorial role includes primary oversight of curriculum development and maintenance as well as teaching courses within the General Education disciplines as assigned.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Northcentral’s vision, mission, and goals and those of the School of Education.
- Oversees the design, development, implentation and ongoing maintenance for SUS General Education curriculum.
- Oversees the recruiting, selection, training and scheduling of SUS General Education faculty.
- Participates in program and student assessment procedures, program review, and accreditation efforts.
- Works collaboratively with Academic Advisors to ensure student engagement and success.
- Promotes a graduate-centric culture of scholarship, teaching, service, and practice.
- Demonstrates commitment to, and capacity for, Teaching through Engagement and using the NCU One-to-One, apprenticeship style teaching model.
- Teaches undergraduate courses from the SUS Program offerings and potentially Masters or Doctoral courses in a related field of expertise.
- Participates in initial and ongoing training.
- Contributes to developing training materials and provides input on improving training, courses, and processes.
- Participates in trial use of new technologies and advises on how to integrate new technologies into teaching and learning for SUS courses.
- Participates in faculty and staff meetings.
- Maintains contact with students via phone, video conferencing, and email for assigned courses.
- Exercises academic freedom in teaching course content and achieving learning outcomes in accordance with University policy, procedures, and curricula.
- Performs all educational services in accordance with NCU policies and procedures, the Family Education Rights to Privacy Act, Northcentral University’s Code of Conduct and all other state and federal laws.
- Complete all required professional development activities as defined in the Faculty Handbook.
- Tasks and projects as assigned by the Dean, or NCU administrators.
- Reasonable and consistent attendance to fulfill requirements of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in General Education curriculum development and high level of familiarity with related undergraduate subject areas.
- High level of familiarity with curricular quality standards and initiatives for undergraduate education (e.g. AAC&U/VALUE, DQP, etc)
- Firm understanding of curriculum assessment, outcomes scaffolding and designing appropriate learning assessments.
- Highly skilled in verbal and written communication.
- Ability to handle a diversity of details in order to make informed and responsive decisions on matters that impact the adjunct faculty, and students.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governing body regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with a proven ability to provide timely, accurate information on a variety of academically oriented subjects to both internal and external constituents.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and other applications in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Skill in operating equipment, such as personal computer, fax, copier, phone systems.
Education and Experience
- Doctorate degree in Education, Liberal Arts or a related field from a regionally accredited institution, PhD preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in General Education curriculum oversight or instruction.
- Online teaching experience required.
- Curriculum development experience required.
- Experience with the online delivery of education and the systems that support it
- Proficiency in the use of technology in the delivery of education
- Experience in higher education preferred
- Experience working in a technology-driven enterprise preferred
- All skills, abilities and education will be considered for minimum qualifications.
This position operates in a remote, home office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, and phones.
- Good working environment with the absence of disagreeable conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
Who We Are
Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally-relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university. As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business and technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy. NCU utilizes a one-to-one learning model—one student is paired with a professor in each course—to create a more personalized, individual experience for students enhanced by their professors’ real-world experience. NCU professors all hold doctoral degrees, and none of our programs have residency requirements, allowing access to students no matter where they live.
Additionally, with the exception of the Department of Marriage and Family Sciences, within the School of Social and Behavioral Sciences, all of NCU’s programs are delivered 100% online.
With administrative offices in Scottsdale, Arizona and San Diego, California, as well as students, alumni and faculty in more than 50 countries, NCU is an excellent choice for professionals around the world who share our passion for excellence. We envision growth trends to continue, and eagerly seek highly-credentialed and enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
Are you ready to take advantage of this exciting opportunity to join a growing team of passionate individuals who work together to help others fulfill their dreams through higher education?