Requisition Number: PRODU01550
Product Sales Manager
Location: Remote – USA
Description: Old Corrugated Containers/Pallets
Rubicon is growing and seeking experienced Product Sales Managers to join the Key Account Growth Team (OCC/Pallets), who drive lead generation, business development and growth for Rubicon. The Product Sales Manager will have a high degree of ownership for the full product sales cycle under the direction of Rubicon’s Head of Sales. It is expected the candidate comes to Rubicon with in-depth expertise of the product category to drive sales with new and current customers as well as to develop collaterals and processes to growth in that category.
The Product Sales Manager’s goals will be to work with your existing business portfolio/relationships and develop new relationships to sell and support selling the product category to large, targeted prospects.
An ideal candidate will have the passion for preparing and landing major deals and strives to be the very best. To succeed, this executive will be a self-starter and motivator interested in top level performance. Knowledge of tech sales is a plus.
- Educate/consult customers on product differentiation and value-added platform during the sales process
- Develop sales and product strategy for an assigned category that meets and exceeds sales objectives
- Support Key Account Sales team and Key Account Manager in growth activities across their assigned customer base
- Develop and implement product sales strategy along the whole product life cycle
- Collaborate with Leadership and Commercial Excellence Team to negotiate favorable agreements, including favorable payment terms and deal structures
- Anticipate how decisions are made and persistently explore customers’ business needs
- Ability to navigate complex sales process when layers and multiple decision makers are involved
- Follow up after sales to achieve referrals, maintain a high level of integrity, commitment, and trust
- Develop partnerships and relationships with organizations related to the industry
Education & Required Experience:
- Bachelor Degree, additional degrees are a plus
- 8+ years of relevant work experience with a successful track record in the specific product category, must have track record in growing the product category and closing million-dollar contracts
- Ability/experience selling disruption into a large change resistant industry
- Demonstrated ability to sell large scale and complex programs to enterprise customers
- Hunter’s instinct: you do not simply work hard---you seize ownership and don’t mistake activity for achievement
- Competence working in Salesforce to build and maintain pipeline
- Cognitive horsepower to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Rubicon's products and services, applying that knowledge appropriately and effectively in selling situations
- Strong interpersonal and leadership abilities, including excellent communication and presentation skills
- High energy, solid time management skills and persistence in the pursuit of goals
- Ability to be a team player and thrive in a high-activity work environment
- Passion for changing the world and making it better
Key Performance Indicators:
- Communicates with supervisor, team and stakeholders pro-actively, timely and clearly regarding work progress, timelines, obstacles, results and challenges
- Aligns individual activities and goals with business needs and goals; targets actions to execute effectively; plans and prioritizes work to meet important timelines and stated deadlines
- Earns trust of the team and stakeholders, continuously strives for self-development, and helps team members
- Partners and works effectively with others in a highly collaborative team environment; recognizes performance of others and celebrates wins
- Strives to always be closing new deals
- Continuously strives to improve processes and capabilities for the company
Rubicon is a technology company that powers a digital marketplace, provides a suite of SaaS products for waste, recycling, and smart city solutions, and collects and analyzes data for businesses and governments worldwide.
Rubicon is using technology for social good, to help turn neighborhoods into greener and smarter cities. The company is a Certified B Corporation, which means we align our business with purpose.
Rubicon’s mission is to end waste in all of its forms. This starts with the physical waste that businesses, governments and organizations produce in their daily operations. But it goes a step further to include wasted time, wasted money, and wasted energy. It starts with keeping materials out of landfills and creating a more circular economy through recycling and reuse and expands to include creating a more efficient and effective society.
Through technology, Rubicon is transforming the entire category of the waste and recycling industry. With the advent of artificial intelligence, big data, and machine learning, the world of both residential and commercial waste and recycling is going to be entirely different 50 years from now, and Rubicon is the catalyst that is driving that change.
Rubicon is a Certified B Corp and an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We also maintain a Drug-Free Workplace.