Transforming the future of healthcare isn't something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.
Here at Change Healthcare, we're using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.
If you're ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that's committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
Hospital Charge Audit, RN Audit
Overview of Position
The primary focus of this position is to perform remote and onsite hospital charge audits of both inpatient and outpatient hospital claims as assigned. Audits are conducted as a chart review of billed charges to identify over, under and late charges; as well as ensure provider reimbursement is within client guidelines and policies.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Perform remote or onsite hospital bill charge audits as assigned while meeting department quality expectations
- Manage case inventory to ensure timely scheduling of remote and onsite audits while maintaining weekly productivity goals
- Ability to assess case details and provide input into audit potential of facilities & cases
- Effectively interact and communicate with team mates & providers regarding all steps of the audit process. Some interaction with clients may occasionally be required as well.
- Utilize nursing knowledge in conjunction with interpretation of the medical record to identify discrepancies in billed charges
- Develop recommendations and possible solutions to resolve audit disputes that have resulted in incomplete audit closure
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Current R.N. License
- 2yrs of clinical experience in an acute care hospital
- 2yrs medical claim review, hospital charge audit experience or experience as a utilization nurse
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Knowledge of acute hospital billing requirement including UB-04s, revenue codes, itemization of charges, CPT codes, HCPCS codes ICD 9 diagnosis and procedure codes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office and Excel computer skills preferred
- Experience in use of the electronic medical record (EMR)
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong focus on attention to detail
- Ability to follow up and resolve issues in a timely manner
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
How much should I expect to travel?
Up to 50% travel
Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation“ as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.