We are looking for a Head of Product to join our leadership team. You will build a world-class product team and lead that team in translating our vision into an actionable strategy to establish Pocket as the content platform of choice for people searching for the best content on the web and creators who want to connect with them. You will lead a new phase of growth at Pocket, building on a strong core foundation, and helping our teams stretch into new product areas.
Founded in 2007, Pocket became part of the Mozilla family of products in 2017 and operates as an independent subsidiary. Our mission is to empower people to consume stories worthy of their time and attention—whether that's through the articles we curate for readers around the globe, or the Pocket app, which lets people save content and come back to it when they’re free.
Millions of people have downloaded our app, millions more subscribe to our daily newsletter, and an even bigger audience sees the stories we curate in Firefox every day. We’re building a content platform where high-quality stories from around the web can thrive long after their original publish date. In a nutshell, we’re passionate about storytelling as a way to improve people’s lives—if this resonates with you, let’s talk!
What you’ll do:
Product Vision and Strategy: We have a vision that you'll translate into a product strategy and establish a tangible multi-year plan to ensure its success.
Team Building: Build an exceptional Product organization, then mentor and inspire the members of the team to do their best work and grow in their capabilities and career.
Product Process and Execution: Lead the refinement of our product development process with a focus on innovation, iteration and impactful releases. Make our product roadmap actionable with clear milestones and measurable impact.
Cross Team Collaboration: Work across the Pocket organization ensuring our product strategy meets the needs of our go-to-market teams and our engineering, design and data teams are aligned and set up to deliver at a high quality.
Culture: You will be a key leader for the company working to ensure our values are evident in everything we do. This is an opportunity to build upon the culture we have already established, strengthening our teams to do the best work of their careers together.
What you already do:
- 7+ years of experience in product leadership roles working on consumer products with emerging and established business models
- Added bonus if you have experience at the intersection of media, technology, and design; understand how the media landscape is evolving; and have insight into user and creator pain points and needs
- Strong technical understanding and ability to collaborate with engineering leaders on technical solutions and realistic roadmaps that lead to delivery of high quality product
- You put the user first and can demonstrate working with product design teams to create user experiences that are significantly better than anything on the market and shipping features iteratively
- Executive team experience, working cross functionally with a leadership team to collaboratively drive product direction and execution
- Very high standards, attention to detail, and a drive for continuous improvement, while also being able to ship product fast and iteratively
- Experience working with remote-first teams and have the emotional intelligence needed to influence and inspire people across the entire company
What’s the team like?
We’re a remote-friendly team headquartered in San Francisco, with more than half of our colleagues working from home, co-working spaces, or Mozilla offices. Video conferencing, Slack chats, and shared documents keep everyone in the loop and make sure no one feels isolated. We value transparency and collaboration from the CEO on down.
As a subsidiary of Mozilla, we have the nimbleness of a small team with the resources of a large company, which means each teammate has the opportunity to make a big impact. But we also keep it real: our working hours are flexible—not just because we have team members in different time zones—but because we know you have a life outside the office, and we value that. You’re human, we’re human, and everyone at Pocket is treated with utmost respect.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.