Growth Marketing Manager, New Channels
Root is seeking a Growth Marketing Manager to lead new channel expansion. In this role, you will explore new growth marketing channels including digital display, video and audio to find new avenues for efficient customer acquisition. The ideal candidate is strategic, has worked across a number of growth marketing channels, and experience taking initiatives from 0 to 1.
Working closely with product marketing, creative, engineering, data science, and analytics you’ll create hypotheses for new growth channels and launch tests.
Reports To: Senior Director of Growth.
What you’ll be doing
- Research and evaluate new prospective growth marketing channels
- Build concrete launch plans that aim to quickly evaluate the potential of new channels
- Analyze and report out on channel performance
- Own ongoing optimization and growth of new channels until the channel grows to support full-time resources
- Work cross-functionally with analytics, data-science, product, creative and legal to launch new channels from scratch that work effectively with our internal tools
- Partner with our in-house creative team to deliver on-brand creative customized to each channel’s audience
- Collaborate with the broader Marketing Operations and Marketing Technology teams to improve current tools by identifying and prioritizing new opportunities
What we’re looking for.
- 6+ years of proven experience in growth marketing
- Experience working with multiple growth marketing channels such as Google Ads, Facebook, YouTube, Snap, TikTok, and Digital Audio (Spotify, podcasts, etc.)
- Analytical mindset and experience using data to inform decisions
- Exceptional leadership, organizational, and communication skills
- Strong experience leading projects cross-functionally across multiple teams to deliver results
- Analytical thinker with experience in data-driven marketing and AB testing
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.