Repligen is a bioprocessing-focused life sciences company bringing over 30 years of expertise and innovation to our customers. We are inspiring advances in bioprocessing through the development and commercialization of high-value products and flexible solutions that address critical steps in the production of biologic drugs.
We are seeking a US- based Field Application Scientist to technically support the upstream product lines in the bioprocess industry. This individual will use their knowledge of cell culture process development, filtration and manufacturing to support customers and our sales team in pre- and post- sales opportunities.
The successful candidate will also work closely with Repligen colleagues including sales account managers, product management, quality assurance, and R&D scientists/engineers to ensure our products continue to serve the evolving needs of our customers in the bioprocessing industry.
This is a US west coast field-based position requiring domestic and some international travel. The position will be preferably based in CA.
- Work in coordination with the Repligen sales team and product management to provide pre- and post-sales support to customers for the XCell™ ATF systems, Spectrum® Hollow Fiber, TFDF™ Technology and KrosFlo® TFF System product lines. This will include responding to customer requests for technical support, giving technical seminars, performing product demonstrations, providing on-site/in-lab support, troubleshooting and assisting with the execution of voice of customer surveys
- Develop and execute project plans to meet customer needs using Repligen technologies
- Draft detailed technical protocols/reports from customer interactions
- Provide knowledge and customer feedback to product management and R&D for the continuous improvement of products
- Contribute to applications data and collateral generation by liaising with R&D and marketing
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in a scientific (biology/biochemistry) or engineering (chemical) field
- 5+ years' experience working in a cell culture discipline in a development or manufacturing technical support setting in the bioprocessing industry. Working knowledge of perfusion, TFF, scale-up/scale-down, tech transfer and cGMP requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal/written communications skills and attention to detail are required
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and work independently to achieve defined goals
- Ability to work well within a global, cross functional team
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours to accommodate client schedules
- Up to 50% domestic travel and occasionally internationally
- Must be proficient in English, writing and speaking