FieldCore, a GE company, is a new, independent industrial field services company that will deliver the highest standard of field services excellence and capabilities for GE and its customers. FieldCore will bring together the field services expertise and people from both Granite Services and GE's Power Services into one powerhouse. Driven by the values of safety, quality, and integrity, FieldCore will be built to deliver operational excellence for customers in the power generation, oil & gas, nuclear, and wind power markets. For more information, check out www.fieldcore.com
The Site EHS Specialist will manage and supervise field personnel to ensure compliance with EHS policies, programs, procedures and legislative standards. The EHS specialist will communicate and contribute to the development of site based programs, conduct onsite EHS audits and inspections and provide recommendations for improving EHS performance and creating a NO HARM culture.
The Site EHS Specialist will ensure that all personnel and employees are informed of safe working procedures and practices so that they can fulfill their responsibilities and will manage required compliance activities, including the implementation of in country legislation and FC EHS requirements and standards.
- Help drive the implementation of FC standards and procedures at site
- Ensure that all site personnel and employees are informed of site safe working procedures and practices so that they can fulfill their responsibilities.
- Manage required compliance activities, including the implementation of in-country legislation and FC EHS programs.
- Investigate incidents or near miss events as necessary or required. Including compilation and completion of any necessary documentation (e.g. Accident investigation or Near miss forms, Gensuite measurements submissions, etc.). Analyze root causes to determine safety measures to prevent future incidents and influence the implementation of corrective actions
- Conduct appropriate inspections and audits and ensure corrective actions are monitored and documented.
- Complete, document, and submit all required EHS reports and recordkeeping information.
- Develop, compile and maintain the EHS project plan.
- Communicate, coordinate, or administer EHS training as needed, including new employee orientation.
- Ensure medical preparedness, and facilities are readily available for all employees and that records are properly maintained.
- Assist in Safety Risk Assessment development implementation as is necessary or required.
- Ensure the chemical management program is followed.
- Ensure that all employees adhere to the EHS policy, local regulations and EHS FC programs.
- Communicate regular updates regarding injury and illness awareness and mitigating measures.
- Conduct internal audits and provide recommendations to improve audit performance.
- Establish good rapport with site personnel, other contractors and customers.
- Manage documentation related to EHS initiatives and adhoc programs. (Safety stand downs)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare accurate reports containing findings and recommendations.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed while under the pressure.
- English proficiency required.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office applications and other Internet based reporting tools.
- Must be able to pass drug test and background investigation.
- Ability and willingness to travel globally with minimal advance notice.
- Technical/University degree or qualifying experience OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a EHS role
- NEBOSH National General Certificate or equivalent or working towards an Occupational Safety qualification.
- Knowledge of in country safety regulatory requirements, Familiar with OHSA regulations desirable.
- Preferred experience and knowledge of the risks involved in the maintenance of equipment in the power generation industry.
- 2+ years of work experience and training that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.