Transforming the future of healthcare isn't something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.
Here at Change Healthcare, we're using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.
If you're ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that's committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
Overview of Position.
The DRG Analyst performs DRG audits by applying extensive knowledge of coding guidelines while maintaining productivity targets. The individual in this position performs appeal reviews and responds to provider disputes for coding audits.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Demonstrates ability to appropriately apply coding guidelines to a variety of claims scenarios and effectively utilize audit tools to maximize savings
- Demonstrates ability to research criteria and evaluate it for accuracy
- Works independently to meet or exceed productivity and accuracy goals
- Communicates audit findings with excellent grammar and writing skills
- Screens claims data including MS-DRG and APR-DRG data
- Maintains current knowledge of coding guidelines, reimbursement trends, and client expectations
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an acute inpatient coder or related coding experience
- Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
- Competency in ICD-10 CM & PCS
- Ability to perform in-depth analysis of medical record documentation relating to diagnoses and procedures
- Ability to use software, hardware, and peripherals related to job responsibilities, including MS Office
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Ability to learn quickly and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be self-motivated and able work independently
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with “Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation“ as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.