Hint is opening up a brand new opportunity for a Broadline Distribution Manager to join our rapidly growing team. Over the past years Hint has seen tremendous growth both in the opportunities available to our team members and our sales overall.
As Hint's Distribution Manager, you will oversee and support all aspects of managing our key broadline distributor partnerships (KEHE, UNFI, SuperValu, DPI, etc.). This includes negotiating and upholding supplier’s distributor programs, promoting Hint and key initiatives year-round, tracking sales targets, supporting key account programs, forecasting, maintaining proper inventory of product, attending distributor sales meetings and leading distributor trade show opportunities.
You are an energetic, outgoing and highly organized professional. You have a track record of meeting (or exceeding!) goals and delivering against clearly stated objectives. You can think outside of the box to strategically approach business opportunities and challenges thereby creating winning solutions. You look not only to close the deal but also to create long-lasting partnerships with your customers.
Ideally you have experience within the specialty market beverage category, but if you think your experience within other relevant channels applies, we’re listening. Experience working with distributors is a plus.
WHAT YOU WILL ACHIEVE:
- Build relationships at all distributor levels to enhance the value of our joint selling and customer service partnerships
- Negotiate and uphold supplier’s distributor support programs (incentives, discounts, terms, reporting, etc.), including one off customer support programs
- Serve as the central contact point between all Hint cross functional teams (Sales, Finances, Ops, etc.) and distributors, providing a consistent and prioritized voice
- Act as the main point of contact for the distributor sales leads in both chain accounts and field sales
- Be key contributor focusing on growth targets for both distributor and the Area Sales team
- Provide the Market Manager with distributor sales updates and provide subsequent action plans to attain growth targets
- Develop distributor supported volume driving programs for regional key accounts in collaboration with key account managers
- Participate in weekly Area Sales Team sales calls to highlight successes, discuss challenges and provide upcoming distributor needs and opportunities
- Recommend distributor selling trade shows to attend and lead customer and deal strategy with team to maximize return
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Track sales goals via supplier dashboard and provide consistent communication on team progress
- Identify sales opportunities via distributor in all chains and channels
- Prepare and present sales proposals to distributor chain sales teamPrepare and present sales meetings to distributor division sales teams
- Provide the Area Sales Team with account chain updates
- Provide the Area Sales Team with data breakdown by Division, Zone, etc. regularly
- Work with distributor to provide greater support when needed (extra inventory, merchandising, etc.)
- Update Area Sales Team with non-buy and account void lists monthly
- Display accountability along with desire for personal growth and ownership
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Manager: Report directly to National Accounts Sales Director
- Cross Functional Leads: Work directly with National Accounts Sales Directors, Regional Sales Directors, Local Sales Managers, Operations Managers, Finance Managers and Sales Marketing Managers
- Sales Marketing: Liaise with the Sales Marketing team to ensure broadline supporting sales teams have all needed sales materials, merchandising items, sell sheets, dealer loaders, samples, etc.
- Sales Operations: Oversee inventory position at distributor on monthly basis; adjust forecast when necessary
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU BRING WITH YOU:
- At least 7-10 years of CPG sales experience (beverage preferred)
- Strong prior experience with broadline distributors at all levels
- Prior experience calling on regional chain accounts highly preferred
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment with quotas and goals
- Self-starter but able to take direction, ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Attention to detail, organization and time management skills
- Great outgoing personality
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Passionate about a healthy lifestyle
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; combination of education/experience will be considered
Hint is on a mission to help the world live a healthy lifestyle by making products people love. Founded in 2005, the idea behind Hint is simple: pure water, nature's original refreshment, accented with fruit essence. No sugar, no diet sweeteners. EVER.
Headquartered in the Marina District of San Francisco with offices in New York and throughout the United States, Hint is looking for driven collaborative individuals to help us achieve our mission of healthier lifestyles for all. Hint is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.