Transforming the future of healthcare isn't something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.
Here at Change Healthcare, we're using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.
If you're ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that's committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
Audit/Refund Recovery Specialist
Overview of Position
The Audit and Recovery Specialist is a mid-level position on the Provider Experience Team. Work is slightly complex and requires a higher level of understanding of the revision and refund recovery process.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Obtain necessary documents to move cases into refund recovery and receiving a timely and complete refund from different healthcare providers
- Review, investigate, analyze, and resolve key issues at the provider and client level
- Manage outstanding inventory as assigned by maintaining daily call volume and inventory turnover rate expectations
- Adhere to all escalation time frames and re-status inventory according to department guidelines
- Interface and collaborate with various levels at the provider level to communicate outstanding inventory issues and attempt continuous follow-up throughout the order to cash revenue cycle
- Utilize and contribute to refining department policy and procedures
- Identify and communicate process improvements which result in operational efficiencies
- Serve as resource and subject matter expert to less experienced staff
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- High school diploma or equivalent/ Associate degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience within the healthcare, claims, or insurance industries
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a call center or in a role with heavy phone interaction required
- Minimum of 2 years serving in a refund recovery, negotiation or debt collection capacity preferred
- Experience using a computer and MS Office (Word and Excel): Experience working in different systems and applications with the ability to toggle between different programs at once
- Ability to read, sort and enter data into spreadsheets
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Knowledge of claims processing helpful
- Experience refund recovery, negotiation or business to business collections capacity
- Previous work ascertaining issues from limited data
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation“ as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.