Title: Associate Medical Director Department: Medical Affairs Location: Deerfield, IL (fully remote role)
Summary: The primary objective of this role is to exchange peer to peer medical and scientific information with customers and internal stakeholders. This position is responsible for being well informed on therapeutic areas, up to date on major studies both ongoing and completed, competitive product information and clinical data. The unique nature of this role would require a focus on supporting the in-house as well as external teams of professionals.
- Customer facing position as primary scientific expert in the therapy area(s) and development resource for the therapy team in the region.
- Maximize patient benefit by expediting the availability of novel treatments.
- Provide assistance on special projects in the therapeutic area including medical affairs, Animal wet labs, CMEs, advisory boards, KOL interactions, Nurse trainings, scientific reviews, Investigators meetings, etc.
- Targeting, development and management of key internal and external customers including investigators, site staff, KOLs, government bodies, patient advocacy groups, pharmacists and key medical organizations.
- Provide scientific support to healthcare professionals
- Review of promotional materials to ensure that they meet the compliance/legal and scientific standards of accuracy and integrity.
- Function as a product expert to internal and external customers
- Acting with integrity to comply with both local and international regulations, standard operating procedures, processes and corporate governance.
- Conducting clinical research ethically in order to provide validated data within the timelines.
- Develop and implement projects in line with strategies.
- Provide scientific information for the up-coming products/indications in response to unsolicited request from clinicians.
- Design and assist with the coordination and implementation of clinical trials in association with the Local and Global Teams.
- Interact with market access and commercial teams to provide regional support that enables resolution of market access and funding issues.
- Process client queries in the defined therapy area and any scientific issues associated with these.
Teamwork and communication:
- Responsible to collaborate cross-functionally effectively with the therapeutic area team;
- Keep medical management fully informed about local issues, opportunities and action plans.
Interactions with HCP, KOLs:
- Shares medical information with national/regional Key Opinion Leaders about scientific information and clinical guidelines, differentiating product attributes and outcomes studies.
- Identifies and implements medical initiatives for development of new & existing product.
- Creates and delivers presentation of information on our products.
- Gives medical/scientific support to colleagues
- Builds and maintains advance disease, product & therapy knowledge with other relevant key stakeholders.
- Brings in investigator Initiated Studies to the Medical Department. Follow through with investigators up to publication / presentation.
- Provides support to Clinical Ops on site identification. Serves as scientific support for product studies.
- Build and maintain advanced disease, product & therapy knowledge
Congresses, Symposia and Meetings:
- Collaborates, when requested, in the coordination of information pre-events and summaries post-events. Attends congresses & symposia. Reports on the events.
- Represents the Medical Department at Local and International Medical Congresses and Conventions, manning medical education booths.
- Monitors and facilitates pre-Congress abstract submissions to the local Medical affairs Department, attends poster sessions and oral presentations.
- Assists in CME programs development and organization and participates in scientific committees.
- Plans and conducts Animal wet labs/workshops to train surgeons on use of Baxter Advanced Surgery products.
- Assists in Advisory Board activities, including Specialty Advisory Boards, national and regional Advisory Boards and others.
- Participates and manages Local Scientific Advisory Boards: Ongoing studies/Future studies/Areas of research/Emerging trends/Therapeutic guidelines.
- Participates in International Advisory Boards (when needed).
- Supports the Market Access Team and collaborates with the Country Operations Market Access Activities, providing scientific support in clinical and pharmaco-economic outcomes.
- Provides proactive communications including complex medical information / clinical outcomes data, and builds peer to peer relationships with Hospital Pharmacy Directors, Hospital Administrators and other market access stakeholders (as agreed with his/her supervisor)
- Provides Information and Interpretation of the literature to the FF.
- Provides clinical education and therapy training support to sales forces, ON THE FIELD.
- The delivery of therapeutic area training
Other Activities, including but are not limited to:
- Actively gathers and monitors Competitive Intelligence, in accordance with Company Policy.
- Supports marketing as needed.
- Supports Regulatory Affairs when needed.
- MSLs Performance Metrics.
- Compliance guidance for EUCAN Medical Science Liaisons.
- Assist in development and delivery of Scientific materials
- Resource for Drug/Device Safety and Medical Information activities.
- Involvement in Medical Affairs activities
- Be a qualified be a MD Surgeon (preferred)
- Minimum 3 years+ of demonstrated success and accomplishment in the pharmaceutical industry.
- High ethical standards
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport quickly with the surgical team within the Operating room environment
- Demonstrated ability for good documentation practice
- Detailed understanding of the local and appropriate guidelines & MA Code of Practice that govern Industry interaction with HCPs
- Demonstrated understanding of the Regulatory Affairs & Country Regulatory requirements
- A clear understanding of the Investigator Initiated Study process
- Experience with (or a demonstrated ability to quickly learn) the Advanced Surgery product portfolio
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- High level of professionalism and integrity
- Well organized and able to deal with multiple projects
- Good analytical skills
- A Team player
- Willingness to travel interstate at least 50% of the time
- Microsoft Software
- Any foreseeable procedures, events, trials, etc.. that may need to be overcome or managed in this position