Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 16,000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
The Account Manager – Retail is instrumental to the growth and scale of Impossible Foods’ business in
alignment with the corporate strategy. The Account Manager – Retail Sales will be the key day to day
point of contact in managing customer relationships, develop & budget trade promotions, and achieve
overall sales goals while collaborating closely on shopper marketing programs. The role will be field
based and report to the Director of Retail Sales.
- Develop and grow relationships across buyers at retailers to build the Impossible business. Work with brokers, distributors, and business partners to support the business.
- Present products, conduct category reviews, and use other related information with clients to gain sales and establish accounts. Including but not limited to: table top presentations, trade/industry events, coordinating in-store demos, and other field related activities.
- Understand customer business needs, and build short and long-term strategies to drive mutually beneficial results.
- Develop and manage collaborative strategic partnerships and joint business plans with key customers.
- Define and implement account launch plans to drive sales, including initial trial, and meet both retailer and company expectations.
- Develop calendar for customer touch points - define who needs to be involved at each meeting, purpose for each interaction, etc. (top-to-tops, market visits, etc.)
- Manage the annual, quarterly, and monthly sales targets and goals, and establish a plan for achieving them.
- Manage total customer spending and deduction management in a timely manner and within budget.
- Provide key inputs for demand planning - own the bottom-up forecast for the S&OP process for each account owned
- Collaborate with the Director of Retail Sales to execute the sales strategy which includes defining clear objectives and challenging goals to gain market share.
- Manage tools and materials the sales organization needs to achieve business objectives, including Salesforce CRM platform and trade spend software solution.
- Coordinate activities with the MarComms team including but not limited to: shopper marketing, digital/social media and influencer campaigns, increasing awareness and sell-through with target demographics, and planning & deploying demos/sampling events
- A Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university.
- 7-10 years of CPG/food retail sales experience with proven success in attaining ambitious sales goals. Preference for experience in selling refrigerated grocery items.
- A genuine interest and passion for Impossible Food's mission.
- Recent experience growing a brand and pioneering retail sales.
- A mix of large and small manufacturer experience in your background.
- Highly collaborative approach with ability to collaborate with all types of functions (R&D, MarComms, Finance, Strategy, Operations, etc.)
- Proven success working independently and navigating in an ever changing and often chaotic (and exciting) high growth environment.
- A positive attitude and drive to excel.
- Ability to travel more than 50% of the time
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics