United Cooperative is seeking an enthusiastic, performance-driven, local Energy Delivery Driver. We invite you to join our team of passionate and professional individuals who strive for success while making each workday enjoyable.
As an Energy Delivery Driver, you will have the opportunity to be in the drivers seat of your career. Expand your skill set, build long-lasting relationships, and feel rewarded for the work you put in. We will provide you with the necessary tools to deliver fuel in a safe and efficient manner to our customers homes and businesses. This position is also expected to have seasonal duties in the Agronomy Division in the Spring.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide accurate and efficient delivery of propane to customer systems following all codes of standards and regulations.
- Perform deliveries in such a manner as to maintain good customer relations.
- Educate customers on the safe use of propane and appliances.
- Accurately complete all invoices and related paperwork in a timely manner.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections. Report all maintenance items to supervisor.
- Maintain equipment in operational and cleanly appearances at all times.
- Deliver Agronomy products to customers and to our equipment in the Spring season.
Other Related Tasks:
- Represent yourself and United Cooperative professionally at all times in action and appearance - positively enriching the culture of United Cooperative.
- Work in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to work seasonal hours.
- Ability to be on call on a rotating basis.
- Ensure facility is well maintained.
- Perform routine inspections of equipment and property and report findings to supervisor.
- Make recommendations for improvements in the facility or to equipment.
- Follow up to ensure that work has been completed as approved.
- Attend safety and related job trainings as they become available.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- One year of relevant experience or any equivalent experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job.
- Thorough knowledge of traffic laws and defensive driving.
- Skilled in operation of equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors, customers and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Self-motivated/self-directed.
- Ability to make independent judgments, which have moderate impacts on the organization.
- Good organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and stand and walk occasionally.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs occasionally.
- Ability to lift and maneuver a hose to appropriately deliver propane and refined fuels to customers and agronomy products to our Agronomy equipment.
- Ability to reach, bend, and stoop frequently.
Required Licensing and Certification:
- Maintain a valid CDL license with hazmat and tanker endorsements. Maintain air brake endorsement with class B CDL.
- Maintain required Department of Transportation (DOT) medical certification.