Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 16,000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
The VP of US Retail Sales will lead setting the retail business strategy, setting sales targets and strategic sales plans to meet company objectives, and building a high performing sales organization to drive a fast growth retail business. The leader will oversee and build the retail sales team and function. The role will report directly to the President in Redwood City, CA.
- Design and build the retail sales function to create a high performing organization; recruit and train new leaders on the team as the business and team grow
- Define the optimal sales force structure initially and as the business scales – team, distributors, and brokers
- Set and implement the retail sales, distribution, and broker strategies to drive aggressive growth targets
- Develop and implement detailed annual sales plan along with the sales team
- Set clear objectives and KPIs for the retail sales team to set expectations and measure success aligned with the overall company growth targets and objectives
- Ensure success in all top tier retailers and strategic partners; develop direct relationships within partner organizations from the top to bottom
- Manage overall retail sales budget and forecasts
- Put the infrastructure, processes, and systems in place to support a fast growth business
- Take data driven approach to understanding and driving the retail business
- Communicate clearly, frequently and broadly with all cross-functional stakeholder and the management team
- Be a strong cross-functional partner to marketing, communications, finance, accounting, corporate strategy, R&D and supply chain.
- Work closely with marketing and finance to create partner programs generally and for all major retailers
- Challenge the status quo of “how things work” in the food industry to knock down barriers to grow the business faster than any food brand ever has
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university with MBA preferred
- 15+ years of CPG / food retail sales and management experience with proven success driving growth brands
- Success as a sales leader pioneering and driving a hyper growth CPG brand in retail
- Success building and leading sales organizations
- Preference for experience in selling refrigerated grocery items
- Mission driven with genuine interest and passion for Impossible’s mission
- Highly collaborative with all functions (R&D, marketing, communications, finance, strategy, supply chain)
- Proven success working independently and navigating in an ever changing and often chaotic (and exciting) high growth environment
- Well organized, resourceful, positive attitude and driven to excel
- Data, results driven approach
- Skill in implementing and using data systems (example – CRM)
- Strong analytical skills and can think strategically
- Ability travel up to 50% of the time
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics