WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
As an SRE for Box's Data Platform, you'll be part of a team that leads the effort in building and scaling the technical foundations that will allow Box to empower business critical services like Box Shield, Enterprise Reporting and Business Analytics. We need your expertise with provisioning hybrid cloud environments with enterprise grade features like resilience, scalability, durability, security, compliance, manageability, observability and cost optimization built in to the core system.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You're going to have the unique opportunity to be part of a team that builds and provisions enterprise grade data and messaging platform.
- You will provision scalable and resilient services both in the public and private clouds as well as on-premise.
- You will work with cutting-edge data and analytics technologies in the while having great visibility and impact across all of Engineering.
- You will work with a variety of engineering teams and suggest technical solutions for their unique challenges.
- You will build services for which resilience, scalability, durability, security, compliance, manageability, observability and cost optimization comes inherently.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have experience building big data infrastructure in the public cloud (AWS is preferred)
- You have experience with at least one of the core programming languages like Java, Scala, Python, Go etc.
- You have a good understanding of messaging systems like Kafka.
- You are familiar with configuration management (puppet/ansible/chef) and building CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins.
- Its a bonus if you are familiar with orchestration engines like Uber Cadence to execute asynchronous long-running business logic.
- You take initiative when you see a problem; you are a life-long learner who seeks out knowledge
- You are an excellent communicator and great at handling ambiguity.
- You have 3+ years of relevant experience in building and scaling distributed data infrastructure.
- You have a BS/MS/ Ph.D. in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits: https://join.collectivehealth.com/box
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.