Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 16,000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
- Support Sensory and Perception team
- Schedule sensory panelists
- Prepare samples for screening and training panelists for sensory testing
- Write standard operating procedures, organize data, and document test results
- Maintain stocks and inventory of food components, ingredients, and supplies
- Assist with development of SOPs and follow established procedures
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, organized and safe workplace
- Work shifts Monday – Friday; 40 hours per week
- AA or BA degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, or a related field
- 1-3 years of experience in a food lab or food pilot plant (pharmaceutical, biochemical and/or food)
- Enthusiasm for science, and self-motivated to make significant contributions in a team environment
- Full written and verbal fluency in English
- Self-motivated individual with strong oral and written communication skills with good organization skills
- Ability to continuously establish and maintain excellent record keeping, inventory, and accountability
- Comfortable using Excel
- Comfortable using math for formulation calculations
- Ability to independently troubleshoot issues when applicable
- Ability to work with diverse, dynamic team effectively
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics