Alation is building a data-fluent world by changing the way people find, understand, trust, use, and reuse data. The first to bring a data catalog to market, Alation combines machine learning and human collaboration to bring confidence to data-driven decisions. More than 150 organizations, including eBay, Exelon, Munich Re and Pfizer, leverage the Alation Data Catalog. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation is funded by Andressen Horowitz, Costanoa Ventures, Data Collective, Harmony Partners, Icon Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, and Sapphire Ventures. For more information, please clickhttps://www.alation.com/“ target=“_blank“> here
As our technical support engineer, you will be helping customers integrate with the Alation product, providing advanced level support on technical issues with the product, and for improving the Alation knowledge base. You will work closely with product managers, engineers, and customers to improve the quality of the product. You will both solve technical problems and develop collaborative relationships with our customers, who are some of the most advanced analytics teams in the world.
- Provides First/second/third level technical support for customers, partners, account teams, and other Technical Support Engineers.
- Applies analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product problems of moderate to high complexity.
- Provides technology/product training, documentation and intellectual property material as required.
- Acts as focal point for large account product problem resolution.
- Support customer success with specialized product knowledge.
- Effectively utilizes moderate to complex lab setups to recreate and solve problems.
- Submits complete and correct bug reports in area of expertise. Advocate for customers in engineering roadmap planning.
- Interacts across support teams and development teams at peer level.
- Acts as a technical expert and provides support on a world-wide basis.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the following:
- Understanding of application components and functionality; i.e. relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server), NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Redis etc.), web Servers (Apache, Nginx, etc.).
- Proficient with Linux+SQL+Hive+Kerberos
- Understanding of Big data, Hadoop Ecosystem, MapR and Hive a big plus
- Experience in Linux troubleshooting. Red Hat, Centos, and Ubuntu operating systems a plus.
- Knowledge of SAML, LDAP, BI and reporting tools, Tableau, AWS a big plus
- Experience working with web APIs.
- Experience with python, Java a nice to have.
- Comfort with working in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work on problems of moderate to wide scope and moderate to high complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Promotes and solicits ideas within project team(s).
- Ability to handle critical customer issues/problems.
- Able to determine problems and deliver known solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to determine root cause and resolution for previously unknown problems.
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
For information about company benefits, please click https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m3kbIQu1JPMxm0nhODrLx7Y9n34xHwSz/view?usp=sharing“ target=“_blank“>here