Our mission is to build Box's next generation CI/CD platform, enabling engineers to rapidly and safely build enterprise grade products. We are a tight-knit team, building tools to increase developer productivity across Box, and supporting over 500 engineers. We are passionate for high quality code, and are driven to create highly streamlined and productive developer experience. We build solutions to optimize for long term developer productivity and nurture the quality-first mindset. We use various solving techniques, collaboration building strategies, process control and continuous improvement tools to ensure that Box engineering has the right platform and pipelines to ship quality product to our customers.
Why the team needs you
We need you to champion ideas to provide continuous improvements to engineering experience at Box. You will get to be creative and autonomous while building various integrations and orchestrations in an Agile team. As part of this team, you will provide technical leadership, mentorship and drive technical impact. You will work with engineering teams across Box and get to know how ideas turn into products from end to end. You will research Box's continuous integration requirements, design, and champion effective solutions for a variety of technologies. You'll get to take on challenges around user experience, scale, security, analytics and cross-platform portability.
Why box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the ideally positioned company to help enterprises transform how people collaborate together. We want to make sure that the developers at Box have the best tools possible to drive that transformation in a secure and efficient way. That's where you come in!
Why you need box
You will have the chance to collaborate with, learn from, and mentor a strong group of accomplished engineers. You'll have visibility and impact on a critical area of Box's growth. You'll be exposed to and will be part of design, planning, and monitoring of the full stack of our Productivity Engineering applications.
Who you are
- Have 5+ years of experience as a software engineer or related role
- Have a track record of implementing complex systems and scalable services
- Have solid coding, design, and architecture skills
- Have passion for writing clean, crisp, well tested and maintainable code
- You are proficient in one of Java, Python or Go
- Have experience managing, building integrations/plugins for CI/CD and SCM solutions like Jenkins, Github, etc.
- Have hands-on experience with modern cloud technologies like AWS, OpenStack, Kubernetes, etc.
And these skills will definitely add more value
- Experience with Groovy and Jenkinsfile
- Experience leading Artifactory or similar artifacts solutions
- Unix/Linux system administration and troubleshooting
- Linux containers (LXC) and related technologies (Docker, rkt, etc.)
- Configuration management and deployment management tools like Puppet, Ansible and Terraform
- Experience and knowledge on micro-service based architecture
- Previous contributions to Open Source projects
Box is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.