Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 16,000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
- Lead the development and commercialization of multiple new product introductions from pilot through full manufacturing scale.
- Participate in the design of new products, including interpreting customer needs and assembling input from cross-functional teams.
- Coordinate cross functional efforts, organize meetings, and facilitate knowledge transfer and decision making.
- Research and develop new technologies and how to integrate them into products.
- Proactively collaborate cross-functionally and lead applied research projects.
- Manage multiple projects and adhere to fast timelines.
- Mentor research associates and interns as required.
- Voice ideas, concerns and solutions to teammates.
- 30% travel required.
- MS/Ph.D. in Food Science, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or similar field.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in product development, research and/or engineering.
- Proven track record of innovative research and development projects.
- Direct experience leading scale up projects large and complex in nature.
- Strong problem solver with extensive use of the scientific method as well as creative problem solving and experimental design.
- Ability to thrive in a diverse, dynamic team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-starter that is naturally curious and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to continuously challenge assumptions to seek innovative solutions.
- Strong project management skills.
- Mentoring experience.
- Highly organized and high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Experience analyzing and reporting analytical data is a plus.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics