Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 16,000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
Impossible Foods is looking for a motivated, mission-aligned Senior Research Associate to join the Product Innovation team. The overarching goal of the group is to design, research & develop uncompromising, delicious, plant-based products to drive a consumer movement to eliminate animal agriculture. The ideal candidate has enthusiasm for science and passionate about creating products to change the world. The person would be an experimentalist, a creative problem solver, and have excellent record keeping abilities. The person ideally has a background in formulation development, material science, protein science, flavor creation, and or sensory science. And they would enjoy working as part of a team in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Create delicious and nutritious plant based meat products to delight consumers
- Develop new flavor and or texture technologies
- Formulate new products and improve current products
- Discover new ingredients and their functions within existing and new products.
- Design, conduct, and analyze sensory and analytical experiments
- Develop assays for food ingredient functionally
- Integrate flavor and texture technologies into products
- Present research results to working team and create reports.
- Support complex and large scale experiments within a team
- Must demonstrate excellent record keeping and accountability
- Voice ideas, concerns and solutions to teammates
- Participate in internal sensory panels
- BS or MS in Sensory Science, Food Science, Biology, Chemistry or related field
- 4+ years of research experience
- Demonstrated ability to thrive working as part of a team
- Experience in formulation, material science, protein science, flavor creation, sensory science and or assay development desired
- Strong ability to use the scientific method
- Experience in data analysis using excel, and some statistical knowledge
- Sensory testing experience desired
- Agile working with their handing to create food samples
- A passion to create new products that meet consumers' needs
- Self-motivated individual with good communication and organization skills
- Positive, motivated, and hardworking attitude
- Comfortable using math for formulation calculations
- Ability to work with diverse, dynamic team effectively
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks concurrently
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics