Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 16,000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
As a Senior RA, she/he will be expected to spend most of their time as an experimentalist, performing hands-on experiments at the lab bench, or at the pilot plant. Good organization and data recording skills are as essential for this position, as curiosity and self-starting. She/he will be working closely with a scientist on the team who would serve as her/his scientific and career mentor. The scientist will take the lead in defining research directions and designing experiments, and rely on the prospective Senior RA for execution and data analysis. At the same time, Senior RA is expected to take active part in discussing ideas and experimental design, and growing towards taking bigger role in both. We take professional development of RAs seriously and aim for them to develop into scientists and beyond.
- Use biochemical, material science and food science approaches to develop materials that replicate specific properties of animal meats, and use them to create prototypes of new plant-based food products
- Characterize created materials, meat and meat replicas using texture analyzer, rheometry, moisture analysis, gel-electrophoresis, differential scanning colorimetry and other techniques.
- Re-formulate ingredient mixture to achieve target values of juiciness, tenderness, density, and other mechanical and sensory properties
- Work with our sensory team to understand how consumers perceive a specific burger attribute or changes made. Correlate such analytical and characterization methods with sensory data collected through our in-house panelist to reformulate
- Create new prototypes of sensory panels alongside sensory and kitchen support. Organize sensory panels, designs studies, and complete data analysis with the guidance of the sensory team and supervisor
- · BS or MSc. in Material Science, Physics, Physical Chemistry, Chemistry, Food Science or Agricultural, Biological or Chemical Engineering
- 3-5 years of wide-ranging, hands-on experience in experimental biochemistry, biomaterial science or food science
- · Texture analyzer, wet lab skills, kitchen skills
- · Solid understanding of statistics
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics