As part of the team at Q you will work alongside a highly skilled group of scientists on cutting edge technology in the measurement, modeling, and analysis of complex processes that take place in human physiology.
Q draws upon engineering, computer science, biology, physics, and applied mathematics to develop multi-scale models of human physiology, in order to create innovative algorithms and tools that allows us to better characterize and understand human health and its pathologies. We offer the opportunity to learn and develop new skills in a dynamic, multidisciplinary environment, in order to build a world where each generation is healthier than the last.
- Gather, analyze, and define requirements for new complex software functionalities with input from R&D team
- Implementation and deployment of new algorithms into commodity high performance computing (HPC) environments
- Develop sustainable software modules through the use of prototyping, clear software design, participating in design reviews
- Develop automated unit and system testing
- Quickly ramp-up and become an expert on state of the art techniques in numeric analysis
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years in a statically typed, compiled language such as (C++, Rust, Erlang, Haskell)
- Strong scripting languages, such as Python, Ruby, Bash, or Perl
- Strong Linux/Unix experience, including command-line tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relentless, self-motivated creative problem solver
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Able to work effectively in high-pressure, fast-moving team environment
- Experience with Git/GitHub tooling, including branching, merging and rebasing
- Experience developing applications with parallel computing such as MPI/OpenMP, pthreads.
- Experience with numerical and linear algebra libraries
- Experience developing high-performance physics simulations / scientific computing
- Competitive salary and equity in a well-funded, early stage startup
- Healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your dependents
- Hands-on experience with cutting edge biotech tools, techniques and data including Genomics, Transcriptomics, Epigenetics, Proteomics, Metabolomics, Microbiomics, Radiomics
- We have Superconducting Magnets!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status