Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 16,000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
Impossible Foods is seeking a highly motivated Senior Corporate Counsel to join our Corporate and Securities team. You will work on everything from negotiating contracts, to corporate governance, executive compensation and stock matters, and international subsidiary management. A strong background in general corporate practice, with experience in international expansion, SEC reporting requirements, and equity plans preferred.
- Work collaboratively to prioritize business objectives and manage the corporate aspects of being a fast-growing company
- Assist with international expansion relating to subsidiary management, joint ventures, and partnerships
- Contribute to corporate governance matters, including the preparation of Board and Committee materials, charters, and company policies
- Work closely with IF’s People and Stock teams on administering IF’s equity plan
- Ensure compliance with our existing financing or investor agreements
- Collaborate with IF’s Finance, Accounting, and Communications teams on external communications and investor relations
- Provide support for other projects, including advising on a range of complex equity and securities issues (including financings and M&A)
- 6+ years of relevant securities or general corporate experience, including experience working with technology or food and science companies
- A combination of both in-house and major law firm practice experience is preferred
- Team player attitude; ability to easily handle multi-tasking between shifting priorities, lead cross-functional groups, and operate in a fast-paced, flexible, culture
- A proactive approach to recognizing needs, anticipating issues, and solving problems
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- High ethical standards; ability to maintain the confidentiality of non-public corporate information
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Good foundation in drafting and negotiations
- Ability to think strategically and develop creative solutions to novel issues
- J.D. degree
- Membership in at least one state bar (preferably California)
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics