We are seeking a Sr. Accountant to join our Finance team in our corporate headquarters located in Redwood City, CA. The Sr. Accountant will report directly to our Corporate Controller and will take full charge of all aspects of daily accounting operations including, but not limited to, A/P, A/R, P/R, G/L, fixed assets. Prepare financial statements, monthly, quarterly, and annually assist with tracking and recording revenue in accordance with GAAP and the company’s revenue recognition policies. Analyze and monitor revenue accounts including deferred revenue balances. Reconcile bookings, billings and revenue on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad hoc basis. Suggest and implement process improvements as company grows. Support auditors during audits. Participate in special projects and initiatives as assigned.
In this role, you'll be utilizing your technical accounting expertise to provide the following support:
- Month-end closing
- Prepare monthly balance sheet and P & L
- Revenue recognition
- Monthly expense variance analysis
- Consolidation of foreign entities, inter-company transactions and reconciliations
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies
- Balance sheet accounts reconciliations
- Coordinate with accountants in foreign locations
- Interface with management in various departments, including engineering, sales operations, IT and legal
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting. CPA is a plus.
- Strong technical accounting background.
- At least five years general ledger accounting experience is required
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player and have ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the organization
- Revenue Recognition experience in a software environment
- NetSuite application experience preferred