Alation is building a data-fluent world by changing the way people find, understand, trust, use, and reuse data. The first to bring a data catalog to market, Alation combines machine learning and human collaboration to bring confidence to data-driven decisions. More than 150 organizations, including eBay, Exelon, Munich Re and Pfizer, leverage the Alation Data Catalog. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation is funded by Andressen Horowitz, Costanoa Ventures, Data Collective, Harmony Partners, Icon Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, and Sapphire Ventures. For more information, please clickhttps://www.alation.com/“ target=“_blank“> here
Alation is looking for energetic and motivated people to join our Sales Development team. If you’re an upbeat personality and enjoy being on the front lines of a fast moving start-up we want to talk to you. SDRs are at the core of our marketing and sales strategies, helping us drive our growth. You’ll be learning integral skills that will foster your professional development in years to come. Your contributions and growth will help fuel our mutual success.
- Inbound lead qualification
- Follow up activity based on Marketing events and website engagement
- Do the baseline research to identify the right information prior to prospecting
- Develop strategic outreach efforts
- Produce high level of call and email activity daily
- Present product features and use cases to prospects
- Run and log activity in Outreach.io and Salesforce.com daily
- Achieve your goal for sales qualified leads on a monthly basis
- A bachelor's degree preferred
- 1-2 years of Sales experience, preferably in a tech/Saas sales environment.
- Positive attitude, sense of humor, and open mind
- Courageous. Being on the phone doesn’t scare you
- Resilient. When they hang up or respond negatively, you plow forward with a smile
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (both verbally and in writing)
- You have a track record of growing in a self-starting environment, demonstrating your drive, creativity, and intellect
- Ability to communicate the business value of a complicated product
- Experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Must have strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Having a data analysis and/or data mining background is highly favored
- Job location - onsite at Redwood City, CA (HQ) office
F16923“>More About Alation:
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.