Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 16,000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
Want to help solve the greatest challenge humanity has ever faced by joining the most exciting and important endeavor in the world today? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
People around the world love to eat meat, fish, and dairy products and demand is growing faster than the world’s population. At the same time, the system we use to produce these foods is destroying the planet.
Impossible Foods was founded to solve this dilemma by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact.
We’re looking for the very best scientists, engineers, food developers, and business professionals in the world to join our collegial, multi-talented, mission-driven, creative, diverse and fun-loving team in creating a secure and sustainable food system for the future. Come work with us to change the course of history.
The ideal candidate has enthusiasm for science and is passionate about creating products to change the world. This individual is a problem solver, has excellent record keeping abilities, quickly creates food samples, and a keen attention to detail. They would enjoy working as part of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Design, run, and analyze experiments in the areas of product research, formulation development, and shelf-life determination.
- Cooking and serving of food samples for sensory analysis.
- Data entry and data analysis in excel.
- Conduct stability testing (sensory, moisture, microbial, ect).
- Design and conduct experiments to improve product shelf-life.
- Present research results to working team and create reports.
- Support complex and/or large scale experiments within a team.
- Keeps track of on-going projects, including multiple month shelf-life studies.
- Must demonstrate excellent record keeping and accountability.
- Voice ideas, concerns and solutions to teammates.
- Development of SOPs and follow established procedures.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, organized and safe workplace.
- Working hours are Monday – Friday; 40 hours per week.
- Participate in internal sensory panels.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in fast pace environment where accuracy is important.
- Degree in Sensory Science, Food Science, Biology, Chemistry or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in a lab and or kitchen.
- Experience working as part of a team.
- Strong ability to use the scientific method.
- Experience in data analysis using excel, statistical knowledge is preferred.
- Sensory testing experience is highly desirable.
- Experience in shelf-life testing desirable.
- Agile in creating food samples by hand.
- A passion to create new products that meets consumers needs.
- Self-motivated individual with good communication and organization skills.
- Positive, motivated, and hardworking attitude.
- Ability to work efficiently and with flexibility.
- Comfortable using math for formulation calculations.
- Ability to work with a diverse, dynamic team.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Desire and willingness to taste samples that contain meat, soy & wheat.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics