Research Associate, Morning Shift
Synthego is searching for a Research Associate to join our team and help create the world’s first fully automated cloud-enabled molecular biology lab.
You will be assisting scientists in the operation of our services and the manufacturing of our products so that everything runs smoothly and customers get what they need. A desire to learn about automation, robotics, programming, startup culture, and manufacturing operations is important.
This position is a contract to hire position with the following schedule options:
- Monday to Friday; 6am to 3:30pm
- Sunday to Thursday; 6am to 3:30pm
What You'll Do
- Synthesize oligonucleotides by following established SOP’s
- Analyze UV and mass spectrometry data and determine root cause of failures
- Practice continuous improvement by contributing ideas and suggestions to new and existing processes
- Operate complex automated robotic systems to manage liquid product through a highly automated workflow
- Mix, store, and dispose of chemical solutions
- Print labels for bottles, vials, and boxes
- Package, seal, and scan of products
- Assist with storage and monitoring of inventories, products as well as in-house supplies
- Generate reviews and/or maintains records or documents in a detailed and consistent manner
- Assist with QC's data management, including data review, assay monitoring
- Perform facility and equipment duties such as periodic maintenance, preventive maintenance, for applicable methods and equipment, reporting facility and equipment problems to maintenance engineers
- BS in Biology, Chemistry, or a similar field
- 1-3 years of industry experience within the manufacturing/production environment, preferably in a small company/start-up setting
- Must be able to speak and read English with excellent understanding
- Understanding of aseptic handling techniques
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced, collaborative start-up environment
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral), a strong customer focus, and an ability to interact with various departments and levels
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and as part of a team, to meet departmental/facility goals; is also able to work across functions to achieve common goals
- Must be able to lift/move up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods up to four (4) hours at a time
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of ISO13485 production / manufacturing environment and cGMP(21CFR) practices
- Prior Clean-room experience
Company Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- 4x daily Shuttle bus to & from San Francisco (more locations to come)
- Fully stocked kitchen and snacks
- Free catered lunches and dinners
- Onsite Machine Shop
Synthego’s vision is to turn biology into an information science, with the ultimate goal of dramatically extending the healthy human lifespan.
Synthego builds advanced bioinformatics and automated hardware platforms to create next-generation molecular biology tools, starting with full-stack genome engineering.
These world-class tools accelerate basic scientific discovery, critical disease cures and novel synthetic biology applications to improve and prolong life.